Blowing the chance to ER

I would love to be bored instead of constantly overworked like I have been for the last 6+ years. What field are you in? Maybe I should consider a switch.

Andre1969 said:
Oh yeah, I realize, "boring" can be good sometimes.  "Exciting" isn't always a good thing.  :D

Isn't there a Chinese proverb that says something to the effect of "May you live in interesting times"? :D

That's an ancient chinese curse.

Retirees are often asked, "Don't you get bored?"

A lot of folks get bored at work too.

Sometimes people say they'd rather be bored at work and get paid for it.

What do you do with the extra money? I guess you could save it for retirement...

My job goes from the mundane to the frantic...it all depends on who shows up in the lobby that day.

I am not engaged in the Mega. corp. political scene nor the current raves of the latest HR BS program of the month. It takes a lot of self control to get through management meetings without losing my lunch. I am retired in place it seems at times. I am here for a paycheck and to feather my nest while things are still floating without direction and to mark time until DW can retire with medical benefits and her well earned small pension....gas money for the RV.

Yes I am bored most of the time but I am still contributing and am still sought out for what I know and for what I do. It has some rewards beyond financial but after 32 years of the same old same old...it does get stale.
:-\

Back
Top Bottom