Favorite Personal Finance Blogs/Sites?

Maenad

Recycles dryer sheets
While DH and I are naturally frugal, I've been thinking about looking harder at our spending to find more areas to cut back. I need to challenge my preconceptions of what I really need to spend on certain things, but I can't remember which sites I used to frequent 5+ years ago when I last did this.

So, O Wise Denizens :D, what are your favorite personal finance blogs or sites? Dave Ramsay, Dollar Stretcher, Suze Orman? ;)

Here and the Bogleheads site. That's all I have the time for.

Maenad said:
So, O Wise Denizens :D, what are your favorite personal finance blogs or sites? Dave Ramsay, Dollar Stretcher, Suze Orman? ;)

I prefer advice from someone who is retired. Scott Burns is not.

I enjoy Wade Pfau's posts, and he isn't retired. Not saying anything one say or the other about Scott Burns, but assuming only people who are retired have good advice on the topic seems to be a bit limiting, IMO.

I have long follower Paul Merriman. He has/had a podcast and has recently put his live workshop online (YouTube).

Merriman.com/blog

Already mentioned, but in order my favorites are:

1. Bogleheads
2. This site
3. Mr. Money Mustache ("going from middle class to kick-ass")

Here :D and Morningstar.

Government Executive e-newsletter for all things about Federal retirement. It is not a personal finance site, but they have an excellent contract writer on board to discuss federal retirement topics on a regular basis.

I don't belong to any blogs.

Oh! I get it. <head slap> One hasn't acquired any wisdom until he/she has retired. It is so nice to know that I (finally) have credibility... my Grandkids will be so impressed when I tell them.

Last edited:
Surprised. No one mentioned early retirement extreme? I really enjoy reading that website for frugal inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom