Its been 4 years since I joined...

LaZy

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi All,

Not posted a thread since 2008 when I originally joined the forums. Just recently been catching up on everyone's stories and advice. Its been a interesting 4 years, still very much motivated to become FIRE.

Journey started 4-5 years ago when I got my first proper job after university I realised working 9-5 in the city for the next 40 years wasn't really what I wanted to do. At the time I set myself a crazy and not realistic target of retiring by 30 as fellow young dreamers might have.

I doubt I will hit that target since I am already 28 but have to say I have been very blessed with being in the right place at the right time. When the markets crashed back in 08 I thought I had time on my side and decided to invest everything I had saved since starting work into bank shares.

With the money I got back from these investments I was able to help pay off the mortgage on the house. For a couple of years I simply carried on saving as much as I could in case a potential opportunity presented itself.

I invested it the rest of the savings/funds in property which is currently getting rent each month. The new plan is to have it completely paid off within 5 years, this first property will provide me with sufficient income to be FIRE.

Not on target for 30 but 33 isn't bad, good luck to every one else who is trying to escape the rat race :) Lets make money work for us not the other way round.

Ady

Wow... at 1 post every 4 years... I fear you will not get to 10 posts before you retire.... :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully next time I report back I be lucky enough to have joined the retired group of members :)

Back
Top Bottom