Mastermind Group

inquisitive

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello other Young Dreamers,

If any of you have read Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, you will read the chapter where he discusses the mastermind group and how it is indispensable for success. He also mentions how Carnegie, Wrigley, and Henry Ford were all in the same mastermind group that met regularly.

Not really having a good peer group in my area I decided to create a virtual mastermind group about 6-7 months ago that would meet via chat rooms and conference calls to discuss goals, success, and so on. The format of the recent meetings have been someone presenting on an article/book they read on personal development, each person talks about challenges they are facing and everyone gives ideas, and then goals are set for the upcoming week. The idea is to accelerate our growth and personal development by discussing with like-minded people and being accountable to each other.

We are looking for 1 more person to join the group so if you are interested please send me a PM or post a message here. If a lot of people want to do this, perhaps we can form a 2nd group. You have to be able to commit on a weekly basis for a conference call and there are occasionally homework assignments. We are all in our 20s and 30s and mostly self-employed. Our goals span all areas but include financial. The other thought would be to form a group just focused on the financial but there is plenty of information and resources available on this board so I'm not sure that it would be necessary or helpful.

This forum is great and I use it for financial stuff but it has also been very helpful over the past 6 months to have a peer group for non-financial goals, get collective brainstorming on giving up certain habits, discuss personal development books we are reading, making challenges to each other and having the same people hold you accountable rather than different people on the Internet each day.

This forum is great and I use it for financial stuff but it has also been very helpful over the past 6 months to have a peer group for non-financial goals, get collective brainstorming on giving up certain habits, discuss personal development books we are reading, making challenges to each other and having the same people hold you accountable rather than different people on the Internet each day.
You lost me at "chat rooms" and "conference calls"... too many flashbacks with negative connotations.

This is a great idea for people to do.

Working within a network of peers/friends/family to help mutually push each other is a fantastic approach to life.

The great thing about schools and colleges, is you have a large collection of young people that have a great charged mental state.

A great way to think of them is as of a collection of energy that you can interact and tap into for mutual benefit.

Work together to figure out ways that you can all help each other, and to determine what you all want out of the relationship.

It may seem like a nefarious slant towards this mindset, and a little strange, but over the years, as you all work and achieve goals in life; draw upon the collective control and influence and power(haha) you have gained.

Like similar thought planning processes and brainstorming sessions. Reflections and suppositions should be checked and measured versus time and changing factors.

Back
Top Bottom