Money or Happiness?!?

Canadian FIRE

Recycles dryer sheets
Well during my daily read of blogs I came across this link from a finance company on happiness.

http://www.trendfollowing.com/whitepaper/happiness.pdf

It was an interesting read that got me thinking, how often do you realize that your fixating on your money rather than working on your happiness? I believe all of us here tend to worry about the money a bit more than we should, so I hope you enjoy the read and can use the top ten ideas on improving your happiness.

CF
(Who has 1.5 days left at his old job and is really happy to go on vacation for two weeks starting this Friday!)

i would think most early retireds prioritize health & happiness over money. otherwise we'd still be stressed out & working to make more money.

hmmm. lets see. exercise, sex, socializing, meditating, sleeping. check, check, check, check and check.

i would think most early retireds prioritize health & happiness over money. otherwise we'd still be stressed out & working to make more money.

hmmm. lets see. exercise, sex, socializing, meditating, sleeping. check, check, check, check and check.

This is true. I focus on "How's my life going?" Now "ow much money do I have"?" (Or have left this week?)

And in fact I can'stand being around "normal" people or "working"people anymore because all do is whine on and on about money without DOING anything about it. And they think "Oh with only a little more money...." or "Oh if only could get my hands on some big money..." The same crap all of us here have been listeng to for years.

Thanks for the link. It's true you cannot fill the inner void with externals, i.e., money, power, status, fame, fancy cars, big houses. Hapiness is all about feeling good as a result of appreciating what you already have, resisting the temptation for more, caring about youself and others, and developing cordial relationships with others.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
Are those supposed to be in a certain order?

Nords said:
Are those supposed to be in a certain order?

um, no. it was the order on the op's link. and i would have added eating. speaking of which, there's nothing in this house to eat. i gotta go shopping and spend some money on a little happy.

Spanky said:
Thanks for the link. It's true you can fill the inner void with externals, i.e., money, power, status, fame, fancy cars, big houses. Hapiness is all about feeling good as a result of appreciating what you already have, resisting the temptation for more, caring about youself and others, and developing cordial relationships with others.

Yep. I don't remember who said it but, "he who wants little is easily satisfied."

Back
Top Bottom