New Milestone

av8er

Recycles dryer sheets
Wanted to anonymously celebrate a recent financial milestone with a bunch of like-minded folks here on the board...as of this morning, we are officially half-millionaires! It has taken us almost 10 years to reach this particular milestone, but we've been able to do it on a single income and with several kids in tow. Just a single data point on the way to early retirement, but it's nice to see the numbers steadily increasing. Definitely hoping that 2013 is as kind to our net worth as 2012 was! :)

Congratulations! It's a nice number isn't it?

*Sings* "Who wants to be a half-millionaire? I DO!"

congrats!!!!!!!!!!

it feels good, don't it?! plus, if you lay that military pension on top, it will be sweet....

Congrats, next stop is $1 Million!

Our NW also hit an all-time high (SAHM here with two small kids as well).

Congrats! :dance: (The first half-million is the hardest.)

omni

Congrats. There are always ups...then downs...then ups again but staying the course will pay off. Carry on.

Congratulations!

Will you do anything for a mini-celebration? We were talking of what we'd do - it's coming up this year!

Very nice. I can say I also reached this milestone about a week ago. It's awesome but realistically I am only 1/3rd of where I need to be as I can't envision retiring with less than $1.5 Million. House is paid off too so getting there but it's a long haul

Congrats and especially with so many kids I think that's even a larger accomplishment! :dance:
Bill Cosby would point out that only the parents are half-millionaires. The kids are still poor spendthrifts...

Thanks all! In the interest of full disclosure, though, the total net worth that I provided above includes all of our accounts (retirement, taxable & 529s), and we do not own a home yet. Even so, we're pretty happy with our progress so far, and we're hoping (and saving) for more growth in the future. Congrats to all those who posted that they've reached milestones recently as well!

Congratulations! It get's easier from here.

Your accomplishment is wonderful considering the obligations you have with children, etc.

Congrats!! I am knocking on the door of that particular milestone myself, so maybe I'll see you in the half-millionaire's club soon!

Back
Top Bottom