Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Walk or Bicycle

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Transit

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
I see the folks on my street load up the kids into the car to drive about 50 yards to the bus stop. Doesn't matter if it's 30 degrees or 80 degrees..they still do it. Not only to mention, when there are 6 cars sitting at the intersection, it can be quite the pain to get through.

Has society become THAT lazy?

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

Don't get me going on this topic. If I wasn't out the door and at the bus stop by the time my dad was out the door...I started the day with a sore bum and a life-lesson.

We actually played at the bus stop as kids, a quick game of tag, or red rover... and we would get off the bus early so we had to walk home and have fun while doing it. I suppose burying my head in my iWhatever in the back of mom's minivan while my friends do the same exact thing in their moms minivan is much more progressive though. Perhaps laziness is progression with all this automation taking over. Pretty soon mom won't need to get out of her jammies, she can push the button, summon the car and the kid, and ride into school with them.

My boys walked to elementary school every day, rain, snow, whatever as it is only a suburban block away. Middle school is in the next block, so same, except with the earlier start, I'd walk with them in the mornings with the dog.
HS they finally started riding a bus.....but the pick-up is on our corner so they'd be in the garage until they saw the bus lights. Last year the older one drove during the fall soccer season but bus in the snow (I wouldn't let newer driver deal with snow.
But this year they drive themselves to school, though they had to purchase the school parking pass).

Don't get me going on this topic. If I wasn't out the door and at the bus stop by the time my dad was out the door...I started the day with a sore bum and a life-lesson.

We actually played at the bus stop as kids, a quick game of tag, or red rover... and we would get off the bus early so we had to walk home and have fun while doing it. I suppose burying my head in my iWhatever in the back of mom's minivan while my friends do the same exact thing in their moms minivan is much more progressive though. Perhaps laziness is progression with all this automation taking over. Pretty soon mom won't need to get out of her jammies, she can push the button, summon the car and the kid, and ride into school with them.

Yep. I won't voice my opinion on this subject (lest I get banned!) but I echo your sentiment. AND, it wasn't TOO long ago that I *walked* to the bus stop...Every. Single. Day.

I lived in the country growing up and rode the bus about 45 minutes each way. My daughter goes to a public charter school with no bus service so we have no choice but to drive her every day.

Back
Top Bottom