Stimulus checks?

Hamlet, I'm waiting, too. My husband's should have been direct deposited on Friday, but so far nothing has posted in our account.

To "celebrate" getting a new j*b, I stimulated the [-]Chinese[/-] economy today.

COOLPIX S51 from Nikon

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT, but I wanted a compact, snapshot camera for casual use.

Next up: new gas grill... :cool:

Come on, folks, let's stimulate... :p

Over 130 million Americans will receive refunds as part of President Bush (sic) program to jumpstart the economy.
The poor grammar alone signals a scam.

*Thread Hijack Alert*

I don't get the whole 'stimulus' concept. The February, 2008 budget proposal estimated a total federal deficit this year of $410 billion (many private economists believe $500 billion is more like it). Since spending apparently cannot be reined in, it seems obvious that tax revenue desperately needs to be increased, not rebated.

*Thread Hijack Ends*

Does that mean I have to give the camera back? :p

Btw, I agree wholeheartedly, that if we can't restrain government spending, then we should raise taxes.

Now you tell me... :p

Paid $162.50 at Wally world, and the thing is about the size of a pack of smokes, so I'll make do.

Now, on to the grill. Someone recommend a grill in the $350-$500 range, before I buy... :D

Woo-hoo!!! I got my $600 stimulus check a day early. It was scheduled for tomorrow, May 16th.

Of course, my #$)(^*& bank says it is a "pending" deposit and doesn't yet say what it is, but says it is available. I don't customarily get scads of $600 deposits so I know that is what this is.

Anyway, I have to say this is exciting!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am not quite sure what I will do with it, yet. Basically I have given myself permission to blow it on whatever I want, anything at all, y'know? :duh:

But if nothing arouses my interest in the coming month then I will be good and add it to the good ol' nestegg. :angel:

Woo-hoo!!! I got my $600 stimulus check a day early. It was scheduled for tomorrow, May 16th.
We should be getting our $1200 by tomorrow. Unfortunately my wife mixed it up on the road with a motorcycle last week (everyone appears to be okay), so the $500 deductible will claim almost half of it. We're stimulating the local body shop...

We should be getting our $1200 by tomorrow. Unfortunately my wife mixed it up on the road with a motorcycle last week (everyone appears to be okay), so the $500 deductible will claim almost half of it. We're stimulating the local body shop...
Sorry to hear that!! Glad everyone is OK.

Sounds like you will still have enough left over for at least a little fun! :)

Sorry to hear about the accident, not the way you intended to use that money.

Ours was just posted. My husband is considering doing his part to stimulate the economy.. lusting for a laptop. When I started pointing out to him where he might look he slowed me down with a.. "Ah, I was just thinking about it." ;)

My economic masturbation payment was direct-deposited to my account on May 16th. Hooray! I'm rich! I'm rich! Of course, some future American as yet unborn will suffer a measurably lower standard of living as they work long and hard to repay this debt, but who cares? Screw 'em! "F the Future; Live Well Today" - that's my motto! I'm going to do my patriotic duty and rush out to Walmart to buy a bunch of made-in-China crap I neither want nor need. If we all get together and masturbate collectively in the government-prescribed manner, we can stimulate the economy long enough to justify electing a new crop of politicians in November who prefer short-term immediately gratifying economic fixes over long-term good economic health.

You got something against masturbation? :p

Ok, my new Nikon was made in China, but the new Weber grill is made in the US of A!

Discovered why my payment is "late". I had assumed that paying my taxes via direct debit would allow them to use direct deposit for my stimulus.

That isn't true. They have to mail me a check, which puts me out a few weeks.

Glad to figure out my stimulus isn't just missing :>

According to the payment schedule, I should have received my deposit by Friday, but I haven't.

Is anyone else waiting on a late deposit?

Interesting... I have not received my stimulus check yet either. But I did get the notice saying I was only to get $450 instead of the standard $600. Why:confused: Because I am too rich! So apparently it is more important for lower income people to stimulate the economy than weathier folks. Strange, I would have thought that people with less money would be willing to part with it less than people who can probably afford to spend that money on something frivoless. :)

but many of the poor are that way because they spend, spend, spend instead of save and invest...
so to stimulate the economy you have to give it to the folks that will give it back;)

Discovered why my payment is "late". I had assumed that paying my taxes via direct debit would allow them to use direct deposit for my stimulus.

That isn't true. They have to mail me a check, which puts me out a few weeks.

Glad to figure out my stimulus isn't just missing :>

I'm in the same boat as you Hamlet. If you use direct debit to pay taxes, why isn't the IRS using the same info to direct deposit the stimulus check? Still waiting for my stimulus check.

Shouldn't the news media have stories on the early results of the stimulus checks by now? At least some polls on how/whether they have been spent.

How many Ayn Rand books can you really buy? ;)

Interesting... I have not received my stimulus check yet either. But I did get the notice saying I was only to get $450 instead of the standard $600. Why:confused: Because I am too rich! So apparently it is more important for lower income people to stimulate the economy than weathier folks. Strange, I would have thought that people with less money would be willing to part with it less than people who can probably afford to spend that money on something frivoless. :)

How many Ayn Rand books can you really buy? ;)

What exactly is your major malfunction Hamlet?.... I do not think that statement has anything to do with that. If you want to contribute something then do so.... otherwise kindly remain silent....

It was a joke, armor. I didn't mean to offend.

What exactly is your major malfunction Hamlet?.... I do not think that statement has anything to do with that. If you want to contribute something then do so.... otherwise kindly remain silent....

My thoughts exactly as I am getting 'zip' (bad timing on my part .. shoulda deferred income to this year, if I had known). I would have spent some on wine, women, and gambling ... and then would have blown the rest.:D

My thoughts exactly as I am getting 'zip' (bad timing on my part .. shoulda deferred income to this year, if I had known).

If my understanding is correct, you could time your 2008 income so you would receive the entire benefit. You would get this benefit when you file you 08 return in 09.The current payment is an estimate of the amount you will receive.

Back
Top Bottom