Try cussing in the workplace....

From one of the most astute observers of the human condition:

clear.gif
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."
-- Mark Twain

I used to be a manager in a shipping department of a manufacturing company. You got to become an expert in cursing by osmosis........:)

The resident "expert" was a WOMAN, who could swear ANYONE under the table..........

While a student in college - I had a summer job riding shotgun in a beer truck delivering beer and booze to bars and stores. Watching Deadwood on HBO was a real reminder of the kind of communication I heard while on that job - esp. in the morning while in the wharehouse loading the trucks - all the truck drivers were trying to out do each other ">). These guys did love their jobs.

Hmm... so does swearing about work help then:confused:

It did with this group in the late 70's! And delivering beer was very uplifting! The driver was allowed one case of breakage per day w/o problems. They would switch warm beer for cold while delivering and keep the caps - put the empties in the case w/ the tops and oops - drop it off the truck = acceptable breakage and free beer......ahhhhhh the 70s - that would'nt fly now - or would it? Either way it was a dream job for a college guy :D

Using vulgar language is a sure sign of a limited vocabulary. Sure, I can cuss with the best of them, but I prefer to communicate in a more civil way.
Lenny Bruce used to get in trouble for using "10-letter words"...

Think of all the other talented, highly-articulate comics who've made their living out of having a potty mouth.

Sometimes a well placed %&&()^$%#$^ is the only way to accurately describe the situation and how utterly ridiculous it is.

George Carlin immediately comes to mind.
Redd Foxx, Buddy Hackett, Don Rickles, Eddie Murphy, Marsha Warfield, Chris Rock... boy there's a strange lineup.

I think "clean" ended somewhere between Bob Newhart & Bill Cosby, but I'm sure I missed a few of their routines.

Redd Foxx, Buddy Hackett, Don Rickles, Eddie Murphy, Marsha Warfield, Chris Rock... boy there's a strange lineup.

I think "clean" ended somewhere between Bob Newhart & Bill Cosby, but I'm sure I missed a few of their routines.

Robin Williams, Richard Pryor. And who could forget Gene Tracy?

Back
Top Bottom