Weird? Faced a lot of hardship? Take heart.

Thanks - very interesting! I'm going to check out the book.

I got it from my library. I wouldn't recommend buying it, unless you've got spare cash. It's okay but a lot of it is pretty common-sensical.

Not really #1, but #2 certainly fits. Isn't that supposed to be good for investing also? Maybe it's not as easy for "normal" people who want to follow the heard.

I might fit #1. Though I grew up in what many would call a ghetto, I never felt I lacked anything at the time, and the basics (food and shelter) were always covered by my parents who, while acknowledging that things might be tough, were always optimistic for our future.

#2 I'm not sure. I never felt myself as a "misfit". However, I did have the confidence of my convictions so sometimes would take a stand on things without being obnoxious about it, and was willing to adjust when I was proven wrong. DW said that was what attracted her to me during college - she saw me as someone who was popular but not a crowd follower, who got along with folks whom I disagreed with. Perhaps that helped in life to focus on the goals I wanted to accomplish without worrying if I was doing better" or "poorer" than my peers.

You're welcome. Here's the full text.
...They believe that having had to cope with tough problems as children or young adults left them better equipped to deal with old age " (Get a Life, pp. 147-148).

This makes more sense, that people believe that they had it more difficult, rather than that they actually had it more difficult.

That said, I match both 1 & 2, but then I have Sensory Processing disorder, so of course I would feel that.

I got it from my library. I wouldn't recommend buying it, unless you've got spare cash. It's okay but a lot of it is pretty common-sensical.

I was using "check out" in that sense - meaning literally from the library! If I have extra cash it goes in the retirement savings. :)

Both for me. I think the big thing with #1 is that it makes you think harder about what you want out of life.

With regard to #2. A human being has thousands if not million of different attributes. Most of us have two arms, two legs, we like cheesecake, we like to watch movies, etc. Of these attributes many are different among people but yet many more are exactly the same. Considering yourself similar or different from others has largely to do with how you define yourself and what attributes you want to focus on.

I have lived in a blessed state my whole life. Maybe that is why I am such a #2.

While standing in a lift line in Summit county Colorado where the male ski bums outnumber the female ski bums 6/1, I heard one female ask if this is a good place to meet guys. The other female responded "The odds are good but the goods are odd".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom