Winding Down

RetiredGypsy

Full time employment: Posting here.
My 30 days worth of vacation is coming to an end next week, and I haven't accomplished half the things I set out to do and I hold no remorse against myself for this laziness.

Instead of sailing and kayaking, I found there is a hiking trail literally just across the street and it goes on for miles. There are bats at night who like to get up close and personal. It's beautiful, except for the spiders!

Instead of taking several motorcycle rides I took one long one, but I did enjoy it greatly.

I spent one night, every night for a week, with a glass of port and a piece of very dark chocolate from a wine shop in the mountains; very delicious.

I went for a long relaxing drive with a friend to see how the land was doing after the fire here last year. I read one book, watched Iron Man four times, Indiana Jones once (and still regret it:bat:) and have only had my phone on when I wanted to make a call. I spent almost every day exercising, which I think has helped keep me in the relaxed mood I have been in.

I actually can't remember being this relaxed in a very long time. I can't wait until a few months from now when I get to do it all over again.

I wish I knew exactly. I can't even really come up with an accurate guess, just a range of somewhere between 3-6 months. It's all about paperwork bouncing back and forth now, and with recent changes in the law for medical separations it's just all up in the air as far as time goes. But it'll give the House time to vote one way or the other on the new GI Bill after this last amendment, so there's a plus.

Back
Top Bottom