Young Dreamers Are The Top Ten Percent

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
This article in the Atlanta newspaper said that "just 10 percent of young Americans are likely to amass $1 million." It goes on to say that over a third won't have any money saved in a 401K and that the average worker born in 1990 will have enough savd in a 401K to replace 22 perecnt of yearly income. And of the 21 percent that received a lump sum distribution from a previous job, nearly half cashed it in for another use.

Just wanted to say that I have a good feeling that most of you will be in the top ten percent! Good going for being part of this elite group.

https://www.ajc.com/business/content/printedition/2007/12/30/pfsaving1230.html

I'm guessing that 22% income replacement will be more than enough after the government recognizes the problem and provides logical solutions: universal health care, national pension care, annual vacation care, big screen TV care, you shouldn't have to eat dog food care, the right to live to 100 care and finally (I'm sorry I won't benefit from this one) Early Retirement Care! Could be the platform for the Cradle to Grave Party.

That 10% figure appears to be the result of a 'survey'.

I'm guessing that 22% income replacement will be more than enough after the government recognizes the problem and provides logical solutions: universal health care, national pension care, annual vacation care, big screen TV care, you shouldn't have to eat dog food care, the right to live to 100 care and finally (I'm sorry I won't benefit from this one) Early Retirement Care! Could be the platform for the Cradle to Grave Party.

Is that not already happening when individuals serve a term as President and Vice President? Or after a couple of terms in Congress?:(

I do not believe in hand outs but one has to wonder that if it is good enough for them should it not be good enough for the rest of us poor devils.:rolleyes:

We've got to clear some of the room out of the prisons so we can put the bad guys in there, like the pedophiles and the politicians. Kinky Friedman

GOD BLESS:angel:

Back
Top Bottom