Animated Avatars

FIRE'd@51

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I noticed Dr. Rich has an animated GIF for an avatar. When I tried to upload one for myself, the software wouldn't allow me to. Is this a perk only for Moderator Emeriti? :confused:

Wow, when I saw "animated avatars", I thought I'd get to use a kitty that would open and close its mouth....oh well....

I noticed Dr. Rich has an animated GIF for an avatar. When I tried to upload one for myself, the software wouldn't allow me to. Is this a perk only for Moderator Emeriti? :confused:

I think you need the right kind of "GIF" format for it to work. When you download such an avatar, test it by opening it using the File->Open item in your browser. If it animates upon opening locally, it usually behaves itself on this board. But it is kind of hit or miss, so keep trying.

On second thought, this might be a feature that only mods can use - when I tried to update mine, it wouldn't let me do it with another animated GIF.

He needs a lot more than a bar of soap...like a total tongue transplant....right after he gets a brain [-]transplant[/-] installation.

BTW...he ain't my gov! I voted for what's her name.

Hey I understand. I got stuck with Davis and the Terminator. Neither one of them has been worth two licks..

Being a Grumpy Old Man, I feel that animated gifs and avatars are excessively distracting to they eye. Being visual pollution, they should be kept off the board so participants can focus on the informational content in peace.

Cheers.

rich, where did you find the animated avatars...
rew, didn't you have a motorhome one that i liked a lot...
and there is always the drinking one in honor of new years...
:D:D:D:D:D:D
>:D

Being a Grumpy Old Man, I feel that animated gifs and avatars are excessively distracting to they eye. Being visual pollution, they should be kept off the board so participants can focus on the informational content in peace.

Cheers.

They could offer an option for grumpy old men to turn off that fancy stuff.

Cheers.

Grep, on your userCP page you can chose not to see avatars. The smilies will still be there but it will cut down on your distractions.

Back
Top Bottom