CNBC pop-up

Yes, the pop up blocker in Safari doesn't stop that ad. You need to install an ad blocker.

You can find "Safari Adblock" on the Apple website: https://extensions.apple.com/

I just use Adblock's default settings, and the CNBC ad is gone.

Either I have to donate first or my Safari is older than Ver 5....didn't do anything for me when I tried to download it. My computer is old.

I have been getting the same ad over the last few days. Is someone making money from this FIRE website ? How is the site maintained ? Who is in charge ?
When you click the X to close it, it just reappears as soon as you move to another page.

Well then some good came of it :) I'll see what can be done about the ad...

I have been getting the same ad over the last few days. Is someone making money from this FIRE website ? How is the site maintained ? Who is in charge ?

The admins are working on the problem. (see Janet's reply above which I assume you missed).

Ads pay for this site, it is not free and costs money to run and maintain.

Ads pay for this site, it is not free and costs money to run and maintain.
I don't have a problem with ads unless they show up in the main body of a "clickable" portion of the screen, as this one does.

Put it in the top/mid-right side - not on top of the main screen topics...

I've seen this ad several times over the past week, but not everytime I open a page. The X box to close it is on the left side of the ad for me. Yes, it is annoying, but not all consuming.

I don't have a problem with ads unless they show up in the main body of a "clickable" portion of the screen, as this one does.

Put it in the top/mid-right side - not on top of the main screen topics...
No argument here, which is why I complained as well - I'm not defending the ad.

I was just answering OBGYN's question about how this site is financed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom