Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

It's not really that hard to unsubscribe. I had done it once before, and when I tried it this time it was even easier than I remembered. I just went to User CP, looked at the bottom of the subscribed threads list, chose View All Subsribed threads, and listed them off. Went to the end and put check marks beside a bunch, then chose Move to Folder - Unsubscribe. Easy peasy.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #22
Administrator

If you are still having issues with email, please post your email service provider here so I can investigate further.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 03-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
If you are still having issues with email, please post your email service provider here so I can investigate further.

Thanks,

Andy
Yes, I still am not receiving notifications. My ISP is qwest.net (if that is what you are asking -- as in my e-mail address).
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
Administrator

10-4 Ron. I will call the Qwest Postmaster and see what's going on.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Here I thought I was going nuts! I haven't received e-mail notices for about 10 days and I hadn't changed a thing. I futzed around and looked in User CP, found the list of subscribed threads and notice that none of the little "notification" (or whatever they're called) boxes were checked. So I checked the boxes (the one at the top filled in a whole page). When I navigated away from this page and then back, the boxes were "un-checked". I tried this about 3 times with same results. As far as I know, nothing has changed in my e-mail - well I did add MagicJack (could that be it!!??)

Spam filter always says something like "we think this is spam" and that has NOT been happening. I simply have not received e-mails from ER Forums lately.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm with RonBoyd. I like to receive e-mail updates about threads I've subscribed to.

My e-mail provider is Hawaii Road Runner (as in my e-mail address).

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
10-4 Ron. I will call the Qwest Postmaster and see what's going on.
Bump
Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

I seem to have my e-mail notification back. Thanks go out to all involved in fixing the problem.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #28
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
I seem to have my e-mail notification back. Thanks go out to all involved in fixing the problem.
Thanks for the update. you would not believe how finicky the ISPs are these days.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #29
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm one that prefers not to receive emails relative to postings on the forum. How do you stop those emails? I just want to look at the forums at my leisure, not to be notified every time someone posts. My mail box is always filled with 20-30 posts per day and I have to through and delete each and every one. Tell me how to eleminate these emails.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNIE36 View Post
I'm one that prefers not to receive emails relative to postings on the forum. How do you stop those emails? I just want to look at the forums at my leisure, not to be notified every time someone posts. My mail box is always filled with 20-30 posts per day and I have to through and delete each and every one. Tell me how to eleminate these emails.
Go to UserCP/Edit Options and blast away.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:59 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

...never mind, there's my answer (I think.)

- Jack Bogle
Lawrence of Suburbia is offline   Reply With Quote