New Comprehensive Ignore System

Marquette,

Thanks for your feedback. This is because we are trying to troubleshoot the Previous/Next issue. We should have things ironed out shortly.

Ok, I believe the "previous | next" issue has been resolved. Let me know.

I have placed a forum on my ignore list (use the forum pull down menu and choose the "ignore" option. It seemed to have worked because now I have the option to "un-ignore" in the pull down menu). However, I see absolutely no difference. On the portal page I still see the "ignored" forum, I still see the title of the first thread, etc... I am missing something?

I have placed a forum on my ignore list (use the forum pull down menu and choose the "ignore" option. It seemed to have worked because now I have the option to "un-ignore" in the pull down menu). However, I see absolutely no difference. On the portal page I still see the "ignored" forum, I still see the title of the first thread, etc... I am missing something?
Nope, that's it. Which forum did you ignore so I can try to recreate it?

If any others are experiencing the same thing please chime in so we can try and identify the problem.

I am trying to ignore the health and the soap box forums.

I think you oughta put up a system where for $5 a month you could ignore the moderators.

(I keeeed!) ;)

CFB - I thought you were talking about Polls that were showing up in the Recent Thread section. After Jeff confirmed this was not the case he pointed out the poll module in the left hand column as the issue you were talking about (see attachment). Is this correct? If so, problem fixed because the Current Poll module has been removed (it screws up the page layout as you can see in the attachment).

Attachments

• remove polls.gif
    remove polls.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 3
Yep, that was the one.

Not a humongous problem, but then again perhaps its a good thing to not give me any reasons to go look in the [-]nuclear wasteland[/-] soapbox.

A wise man, indeed. It is my fervent wish that the rest of the board takes your noble lead and leaves the pile lying there in the weeds with the worms hanging out of it. :p

Or at least replaces all the debates with pictures of bacon. I'd be good with that. Or even start their own board at www.letsdiscussstuffendlessly withpeoplewhodisagreewitheachother.com.

Mmm hmmm. Someone pointed out a soapbox thread to me the other day and I read it. I'd put the soapbox on 'ignore' as soon as it was created.

After reading the thread, I suddenly understood why some people are just instantaneously irritable and obnoxious to certain other folks on the rest of the board. That crap rubs people raw and it doesnt stop there, it spills over. Mad people dont stop being mad, nor do they stop posting once they get worked up.

I dont think I'll bother reading another one. Getting cranked up over stuff like this just seems like a ridiculous idea.

It looks like you folks also have to moderate that stuff. What a waste. Must be half your workload.

Yeppers, it is like wading into a barroom brawl sometimes. I am a chicken, though and leave the battles to the more experienced war-weary mods.
But I do love the spam fighting capes we get to wear!

A wise man, indeed. It is my fervent wish that the rest of the board takes your noble lead and leaves the pile lying there in the weeds with the worms hanging out of it. :p
Mmm hmmm. Someone pointed out a soapbox thread to me the other day and I read it. I'd put the soapbox on 'ignore' as soon as it was created.......
.....I dont think I'll bother reading another one. Getting cranked up over stuff like this just seems like a ridiculous idea.
I opened the door once, out of curiosity, and immediately slammed it shut, locked & bolted it, and then welded a heavy steel plate over it for good measure. I always figured if it looked like sh*t & smelled like sh*t, it would best not to ingest it or step in it. :D

Besides, I have enough other things to get me worked up....like getting stuck in front of impatient, fast motorists....or being ahead of those huffy, impatient people in the check-out lane at the grocery store that get PO'd when I stand and visit with the cashier. :rolleyes:
--------------------------------
BTW, Sarah, I don't even think worms would be NEAR that pile, much less "hanging out of it". Surely they'd have better taste than that! :)

Or at least replaces all the debates with pictures of bacon. I'd be good with that.

I could really do without the bacon hijacks. It seems like a small group of people are deciding to be censors and declaring threads no longer worthy of continuing on, so they take over with the bacon. If you don't like a thread, just put that thread on ignore and move on. Please.

I could really do without the bacon hijacks. It seems like a small group of people are deciding to be censors and declaring threads no longer worthy of continuing on, so they take over with the bacon. If you don't like a thread, just put that thread on ignore and move on. Please.

You could also put that small group of people on ignore and not try and dictate what people choose to post.

Please.

You could also put that small group of people on ignore and not try and dictate what people choose to post.

Please.

That doesn't change the effect that you've just bullied other people from posting in a thread that still might interest some.

Best I could do on a bacon bully...and in all seriousness, Runningbum, I only enjoy the bacon coming in when a thread has disintegrated into name-calling and complaints are pouring into mod central. Then, bring on the bacon!

Attachments

• MONGERS.jpg
    MONGERS.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
That doesn't change the effect that you've just bullied other people from posting in a thread that still might interest some.

Wow, I almost feel bad, but I'm buoyed by the fact that I'm now considered "a small group".

I'm not sure which thread you're whining about, but perhaps you can point out the thread in which all reasoned debate had been exhausted and the name calling wasnt about to start?

While I may not be a moderator, I've been around a lot longer than you have and contributed quite a bit more, junior. So I will reserve the right to try and lighten things up a little when I think they're going in the wrong direction. The board owner and real moderators know where I am and how to reach me if they disagree. I think in general that they've got enough work to do and dont want to be the bad guys all the time.

But like I said, you're welcome to put me on your ignore list. Then you wont have to suffer with any more matters involving salted, smoked pork bellies.

Back
Top Bottom