Site Maintenance June 7, 2012

Janet H

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Good news: We are going to be doing some server upgrades in the next day (more ram, etc) so the Forum will be faster and more stable.

Bad news: The forum will be offline starting June 7, 2012 beginning at about 12:30 am CDT (5:30 GMT/Zulu -5). This maintenance window is scheduled for 2 hours but the hope is that it will be no more than an hour or so.

We apologize for any inconvenience but hopefully you can put the downtime to good use (sleeping, paying quarterlies, belly button lint adventures, etc).
;)

img_1201394_0_139d8252d96dde59b51cef9a0c336075.gif

GIFSoup

Thanks...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Excellent.....but did you know that the iPad app no longer works?

Hmm. It's working for me. Maybe you need to update?

Posted from iPhone. ...

Meadbh said:
I already did. But I will try again.

Just testing, posting from my iPad using the ER forum app.

Seems to be working for me, as well. :). I hope the problem doesn't last long for you, Meadbh.

Posting from my iPad as well. No problems here.

I reinstalled the app a third time and this time it's working!

Gremlins......LOL!

Reactions: W2R
The past few days I keep getting a windows popup about a script running on each thread page that I open. Don't get it on any other websites, just this one. Hopefully maintenance will take care of that problem as its quite annoying

The past few days I keep getting a windows popup about a script running on each thread page that I open. Don't get it on any other websites, just this one. Hopefully maintenance will take care of that problem as its quite annoying

So far I haven't heard of anyone else getting this popup, so I'd suggest running the free version of Malwarebytes on your computer, just to err on the safe side. Here's a link fo a review and download (assuming that you are running Windows):

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - CNET Download.com

Last edited:
No malware, but it is doing it on both my work and home computer, however, it only occurs when I am not logged in, so I guess thats an easy fix. However, this is a recent occurance and never had anything like that happen before on here.

No malware, but it is doing it on both my work and home computer, however, it only occurs when I am not logged in, so I guess thats an easy fix. However, this is a recent occurance and never had anything like that happen before on here.

Oh, OK. That would explain why I haven't seen it. Sounds like an easy fix, I agree, although not a good fix for non-members.

Oh, OK. That would explain why I haven't seen it. Sounds like an easy fix, I agree, although not a good fix for non-members.

I've been having the same script error, for about a month, on both work and home computers. Logging in does fix the problem, probably due to less internet advertisements. I'm wondering if one of your internet ads is causing the script problems. Every time that I'm not logged in and try to view different pages beyond the first page, it errors out and completely freezes my computer for a couple minutes on each new page, then I'd have to click Yes to stop the script each time. Unfortunately, this is probably detering some people from visiting this site, if they don't log in.

Back
Top Bottom