allergy to second-hand smoke?

Ever since I was a little kid, smoke made me sick -- which was a problem since my parents both smoked (though my dad eventually quit -- and he was the one who died of cancer, go figure).

That made it pretty unlikely I'd ever be tempted to try it...

Sorry but I never did get it. Why anyone would want to set tobacco on fire and suck it into their lungs is just beyond me.

It does sound totally ridiculous, doesn't it? It is one of the dumbest things that I ever did. If I ever get any type of cancer at any age, I will blame myself. I must admit that I also did several other dumb things in my youth. Come to think of it, I am so lucky that I made it through my late teens and early 20's.

Wish I had been as smart as you.

I may not have done that but if you have a few hours I can tell you all about the other dumb things I did.

Why Not just tell them?
We smoke, but when we have Non Somkers Visit or Socialize? We Don't and respect their Situation..

We have a Electronic Air Cleaner with our Furnance as well..

We don't go to Bars or Rest. that allow smoking and We have a Garage and use that as our smoking area anyway...with the Door Open....when they visit and stay longer than a couple of hours..

IF they repect you, they will make the necessary accomidations..
If not? Guess what they think of you? and how selfish they are..

Why Not just tell them?
We smoke, but when we have Non Somkers Visit or Socialize? We Don't and respect their Situation..

We have a Electronic Air Cleaner with our Furnance as well..

We don't go to Bars or Rest. that allow smoking and We have a Garage and use that as our smoking area anyway...with the Door Open....when they visit and stay longer than a couple of hours..

IF they repect you, they will make the necessary accomidations..
If not? Guess what they think of you? and how selfish they are..

Oh, they know - but my brother just built a new bar in his basement, and he thought he had it well ventilated enough (window open, fan) the first night. I wasn't sure it was enough ventilation, and I didn't want to "ruin the party" (New Year's Eve), so I took my chances. Well, when I came down sick again, we realized it wasn't enough ventilation. So, the next night he had everyone go to the other side of the basement (separate room) and smoke, blowing out into the window. That was much better, but I think the damage had already been done the first night.

Honestly, they really aren't selfish. They just really didn't fully comprehend how sensitive I am to the smoke, I guess. Even I didn't realize it fully myself until this last trip.

Back
Top Bottom