Originally Posted by reubenray
I have been approved for a subsidy, but have several questions.
1) I received an email telling me I have a notice on the Healthcare.org website, but I cannot find it. The Live Chat could not help me either. Where will the notice be at?
2) What will the chances be that somewhere down the road the ACA is kicked out? If this happens what happens to the subsidies for the insurance?
3) My current insurance provider has sent me a notice of the cost of their ACA policy. But it is not shown on the Exchange. They (Humana) has told me that I could still get their policy if I have my ten digit subsidy approval number. Is this correct? I would hate to sign up for a higher cost policy and then not get the subsidy help for it.
4) I have the option to keep my current policy for the same rate for one year or get the ACA policy at a higher cost ($800 more). Being everything is still up in the air I am thinking about keeping the current policy for 2014 to see what happens.
1. Mine showed above my application, after it's downloaded will be in your download directory(assume you're running win 7 and default config) as a PDF.
2. When you find the answer please let us all know.
3. Check and recheck, I thought subsidized plans had to be on exchange. YMMV.
4 That sounds appealing to me.