ExSmoker and Nicotine Gum

Ol_Rancher

Recycles dryer sheets
I began smoking at age 13 and smoked about 3/4 of a pack per day consistantly until about 3 years ago.

I know that I am at elevated risk for lung cancer and will remain so for life. However I now chew nicotine gum and am addicted to the gum. I tried the patch but I couldn't keep them lit, and they gumed up the pipe.

The active ingredient in the nicotine gum Nicotine Perchloride is NOT a carcinogin. I calculate that I have not inhaled the particulate matter and the deadly gasses of over eight thousand cigarettes since I began using the gum.

There are many of us who have traded one adiction for another, but our respiratory systems are all the better for it. The gum can be quite expensive. The best price at a retail store seems to be around 35 cents per stick with a coupon usually found in papers around Fathers Day and New Years Day. I buy my gums on Ebay and volume purchases can reduce the cost to about 14 - 16 cents.

Have you ever noticed all the gum Imus chews on his early morning TV show? I hear he is a fellow nicotine gum addict. There are many of us, and I for one am glad this alternative to smoking exists.

I hope some of the readers of this thread who still smoke will try this approach. I works!

Hi Ol_Rancher !

I've been using nicotine gum on and off (mostly on) for seven years ! It is expensive, but cheaper in many ways than smoking.

Thanks for the tip of buying it from ebay, I just bought some.

Best of luck to you !

-helen

Congratulations, Ol_Rancher and Helen, for quitting smoking! Yes, you have simply changed the route of administration of nicotine, but your body will thank you for eliminating all the other junk.

BTW, I know a highly respected physician who does exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom