Eye wear

I had cataract surgery 4 years ago, using ReStor implants. For most things, I don't need to wear glasses, but I do need them in dark retaurants (ReStor makes reading in the dark difficult), or when using the GPS in the car (ReStor makes reading distance and far distance easy, but midrange, 2'-8', difficult). .

R

Interesting , When I had my surgery I went with monovision and I could not be happier . The only time I wear cheap cheater glasses if I am reading for a long time . No problems at all with midrange or dark restaurants and like you I found the surgery pretty simple .

I admit it - - I'm chicken!! Cluck, cluck, cluck. No way is anyone directing a laser, a scalpel, or anything else nasty like that towards my eyes. :2funny:
Yep. When it comes to voluntarily allowing anyone to alter my eyeballs, count me out.
Ah, but you may think differently when/if cataracts come. I prefered the poking and sucking machine to blindness...although I was really nervous about it going in. Its a lot more advanced now than it was in my grandma's day.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I hope we're not all comparing cataract stories in 10 years...

My father didn't even realize he had cataracts until the optometrist told him that no, fire truck colors had not been changed from red to orange.

I bought my reading glasses at Costco (went in with a relative who had the card) and got them for $18 for a set of three. WTH, they work. The eye doc said don't buy the readers from him, just go to the drugstore.
Works great for me when I'm not wearing my monovision multifocal contact, and the best thing about a $6 pair of reading glasses is that you're not obsessing about losing or damaging them... and you can have a pair in every room of the house.

Why do you guys get new frames? I've had the same frames for perhaps 20 years. They go in and out of fashion, but I prefer the larger lens size anyway.

ChamberlainToSheridan+019.jpg

When I need a new prescription for my computer/music glasses it's only $35 (blind in one eye so I only need one) -- $60 for bifocals.

1989 same frames:

89KidsOnBack.jpg

The scary part for me with the cataract surgery was that I had worked in the operating room for so many years so I knew exactly what they were doing but as surgery goes it was the easiest I've ever had .

Had cataract surgery a year ago and went with multi-focal lens as well. Did a combo with Rezoom (design strength for distance) in dominant eye and a Restor (better than Rezoom for mid and close) in the other eye. Am pretty much glasses free. Low light contrast can still be an occasional challenge but otherwise no glasses for first time since Jr High. Surgery was a breeze--worst part was getting the anthestic.
nwsteve

Back
Top Bottom