FDA says food from cloned animals is safe

megacorp-firee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is anyone as concerned about eating cloned cow meat as I am?
FDA says clones are safe for food - Washington Post - MSNBC.com
Concerned might be the wrong word. Scared sh*tless is closer to the right phrase. Not so much because it is cloned (it's probably fine to eat) but because THEY are once again doing something 'to us' rather than for us.

I propose that we write our congressmen and demand that we at least get labeling, so that we can choose not to eat it if we choose, before they shove this down our throats (literally) too.
'FDA officials have said they do not expect to require food from clones to be labeled as such, but they may allow foods from ordinary animals to be labeled as not from clones.'

What about non-meat foods, genetically enhanced? Isn't there an issue there also? I've never understood though why genetically modified grains/vegetables would be a problem since we've been eating naturally genetically modified foods for a long time,since Mendelson altered the bean plants in his garden, but they were modified "naturally" in the field over several years instead of in the lab. We all eat corn designed for maximum yield to the farmer that was created by the seed companies. No one even knows where to find the original corn any longer. I've eaten a lot of corn chips in my day, and I haven't grown any extra body parts yet.

Now meat? I don't have a clue. Doesn't cloning produce an identical animal to the one it was cloned from? Isn't that the definition of cloning? How could that matter? Help me on this. I'm clueless of the possible dangers, if any exist.

My guess is we have been eating genetically modified beef, chicken, fish, pigs and just about any other thing you can think of for a long time. How it is genetically modified would seem to be the only question. Is it done in a test tube, or through some sort of cross breading. We have cross bread farm animals for a long time. All sorts of plants are cross pollinated to get better decease resistant crops. So, for me, it is not much of a concern.

Im not concerned. Its the way of the future. I just stocked up on extra ammo as a hedge.

The whole uproar with genetically modified foods is way overblown. Also, I suppose most animals grown for slaughter have BGH or something given to them to bulk up............

Back
Top Bottom