FEHB 2013 Premiums

powerplay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Article at Myfederalretirement about the 2013 premiums for federal and retired federal employees.

2013 FEHB Premium Rate Increase Announced by OPM

"The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) announced today that the average premium for the 8 million people enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits program (FEHB) will increase -- on average -- by 3.4 percent for non-postal employees and all annuitants in 2013, which is slightly less than last year's average increase of 3.8 percent. "

The link to OPM where the actual rates are available is here -
Insurance Programs

My current plan will only increase several dollars a month for my portion.

My plan, Compass Rose, is going up WAY more than any of the other plans. The premium is increasing by 19% for 2013! I might as well think about switching back to BCBS Family. It's only a little more $$ and has better RX. BCBS is only increasing by $1.66 or per pay period. So much for my step increase last month. :( I don't see anything else that looks like a better deal at the moment.

Last edited:
Ew, more like 9% for me. Still ends up only being $500/year though after I subtract what they contribute to my HSA, pays for most of my dental, and it is taken out pre-tax.

My BCBS Standard increase this year is only $0.72/month. I guess that means that I will need to study the booklet, looking for decreases in benefits.

My BCBS Standard increase this year is only $0.72/month. I guess that means that I will need to study the booklet, looking for decreases in benefits.

Yeah, same here. Let me know if you find anything in your research, W2R, and I will do the same..........

RAI

Back
Top Bottom