Hip Replacement

Hope it continues to improve and you make it back to 100%.

In your neighborhood there is Virginia Mason, Swedish and Group Health for volume work. Frankly I wouldn't choose U-Dub, but that is just me. DH had both knees replaced about 10 years ago by surgeons associated with Virginia Mason and they have worked beautifully (he is now 75). I agree with others that you ought to find a surgeon who has done a lot of the work you need done and who will use hardware that has been tried and true for 5+ years. Leading edge, forget about it! Be prepared to make a physical therapist your next best friend. It is WORK to recover but well worth it. If you want the name of his VM orthopedic surgeon PM me.

Ha- Best wishes for continued improvement. Hopefully your recovery will continue to the point where a hip replacement will not be needed. I know a guy that recently had a replacement and a speedy recovery, but he's not happy that his bowling average has gone down.

I am not supposed to sit much, but I got home today, and have already walked enough to know that this feels much, much better than before.

I'll give a report when I am less tired.

Ha

Wonderful! So glad to read this encouraging report. :)

Best wishes Ha. Let us know as the days go by how you are doing.

So glad everything went well . Now take your time healing . There are good books to be read .

Yes.....take good care of yourself, and when you're ready, put on your dancing shoes.....
animated-smileys-dancing-011.gif

:greetings10:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

It takes a while but I've seen excellent results for others. Best of luck to you on the recovery.

Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery! I hope you are back to your normal routine soon and enjoying dancing again.

Haha - Maybe I'm just clueless here. But, it is not entirely clear to me if you had your hip replaced or if you are having some sort of new therapy? Assuming you had your hip replaced, I certainly hope all goes well with your recovery. If that isn't what happened, sorry that I'm being clueless.

I am not supposed to sit much, but I got home today, and have already walked enough to know that this feels much, much better than before.

I'll give a report when I am less tired.

Ha

I hope it went as well as mine seeing we had the same procedure done. :dance: Drop me a PM when you feel up to it.

Tony

Haha - Maybe I'm just clueless here. But, it is not entirely clear to me if you had your hip replaced or if you are having some sort of new therapy? Assuming you had your hip replaced, I certainly hope all goes well with your recovery. If that isn't what happened, sorry that I'm being clueless.
I did have my hip replaced. I think I was just too out of it after the surgery and considerable blood loss to make that clear. I have discovered that blood loss and surgery kind of makes me stupid. Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts sent my way.

Ha

Last edited:
Best of wishes in recuperation, Ha. Hope to here soon from you that the cane has been banished to the closet.

Best wishes for a quick and full recovery. Did you do the anterior method? My friend is still very happy with her results.

Glad to hear that you are back to being the coolest, hippiest old guy in your neighborhood. Very best wishes for your recovery.

Ha...glad to hear you are doing OK. My brother-in-law had bilateral hip replacements within the past year and his recovery went unbelievably well. Hope your recovery is just as swift!

A little slow dancing might be just what the doctor ordered! No high kicks just yet though......

Did you get a metal or a ceramic hip?

Ha, I just saw this thread. Glad to hear that you are already walking and feeling the pain being gone from the old hip. It can only get even better from here. Take care.

Ha:

Here is the avatar I sported after mine was installed three years ago:

:dance:

(now I'm back to my old self again - with no pain);)

Ha - Like Katsmeow, I was confused as to whether or not you had your hip replaced. Take care and continue your speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Take care Ha. I'm looking forward to dance reports in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom