If you walk for exercise- how extreme are you.

Since the climate I live in creates 80 degrees by 9 am, I try to walk about 6 days a week. It clears my head & makes me feel great. I am only walking 1.5 per day but plan on increasing the length each week. If it is cold or raining, I do not go

My kids gave me a Garmin Instinct for Christmas. Darn thing motivates me to better myself. Today, May 30 is the 150th day of 2019. I completed 1,500,000 steps today for 2019, so on a 10K/day pace, 818 miles so far. But, I started biking about five weeks ago (10 rides for a 120 mile total) and the walking suffers when I bike.

I have lived a pretty sedentary life, esp at work. I walk for health now and have an established routine. Target is 6 days a week. A friend joins me at the mall when it opens at 7 AM and we greet the regulars as we go so it has a social aspect. A little thing like saying 'Good morning' has big impact.

Weight has not changed due to my eating habits but getting more serious about it.

I’ve been a couch potato for about 18 months, except at work. But work is done!

When in Italy last month, I walked 11K-16K/day, not sightseeing but lugging instruments to and from rehearsal and to cafes and walking to concerts. By the end I was in much better shape then at the beginning. Had planned on daily 3 mile walks when I got home, but then bruised my ribs from a car accident and moving made me cry for about a week.

Ready to start again tomorrow. When I moved here 20 years ago, I mapped a 1 mile neighborhood walk, and I do it 3 times. Now that I have discovered free book readings on YouTube, it will be much easier to stick to it.

Walk 8,000 to 10,000 per day, every day. When in Europe we were going 22,000 steps per day. Whew, were we tired at 22,000 per day? Yes.
Just got back from Eastern Europe (Prague, Budapest, Vienna). My DC who has an Apple watch and knows how to use it, clocked us in at almost 100 miles over 16 nights. There's so much to see that keeps attention on the surroundings, we didn't even realize we were walking that much. That lesson, keep your mind active while walking makes a big difference. At home I listen to podcasts while walking but that gets boring after awhile.

When we are in Europe we average 20k steps/day. That rarely happens here.

Back
Top Bottom