is dprxcard.com legit?

DayDreaming

Full time employment: Posting here.
Does anyone here use dprxcard.com or know if it's legit?

I signed up for a dental discount plan via dentalplans.com. I had a choice of a 'dental only' plan for $105/year, or a dental plan that also includes some vision and prescription drug discounts for $135/year. I was really only interested in dental but for an extra $30/year, I decided to take the other plan and see what the other discounts do for me.

So after I signed up for the plan, I followed the instructions for getting the prescription drug benefit which brought me to the website dprxcard.com - this is where I got a little suspicious - you put in your name and email, then it brings you to a screen where you can print out your drug discount card. It looks like anyone can sign up, at no cost, so there are two things I'm now wondering about:

1. If anyone can sign up here by just providing their name and email, then what did I pay the extra $30 for?
  2. If anyone can sign up here by just providing their name and email, then is dprxcard.com legit, or will the pharmacist just laugh at me if I ever try to use the card?
which also makes me wonder if dentalplans.com is legit or did I just get ripped off? Or maybe I'm just getting too paranoid in my old age.

Ron,

Of course I googled before posting here, and of course I found a mix of information out there - some saying that dentalplans.com was great, some saying it was not. I posted here because I know there are a lot of sensible people here and I'm looking for some opinions.

Ron,

Of course I googled before posting here, and of course I found a mix of information out there - some saying that dentalplans.com was great, some saying it was not. I posted here because I know there are a lot of sensible people here and I'm looking for some opinions.

Nor did I intend to interfere with that... or wish that. I was just saying. (In any event, my intentions were honorable.)

Of course I googled before posting here,
I'm with Ron-- my cynical experience is that many posters on Internet discussion boards tend to ask questions first and do the actual research later. I couldn't see any evidence of research in your original post, let alone BBB ratings or state consumer advocacy organizations.

I suspect that same attitude led someone to create the utility "Let me Google that for you"...

Bought my daughter a dentalplans.com dental discount plan last year when she was in grad school. Other than a very short list of dentists on their plan,
she received excellent service and significant discounts for her dental needs.
The dentists all seemed to be recent graduates but we chose one she really liked after some net research.

Back
Top Bottom