It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Wednesday weigh ins!

Scale reads 218 lbs today, down a pound this week. Total loss of 32 lbs since May 1.

Racing mountain bike tonight. Last week finished 6th in a field of 12. Week before finished 7th out of 11. Races are individual time trials so no where near the same wheel-to-wheel action that really gets the heart pumping. But it’s what we have until the virus clears.

Weighed in at 182.5 this morning, down 1.9 lbs. Woohoo! I am finally down to normal weight (BMI=24.9) even if it is the very tippy-top of normal!

I Weighed in at 175.4 this morning. I ve lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks on my way to 165lbs.

Down 3 pounds this week to 215 lbs.

Started at 250 lbs on May 1 and now half way to my goal weight of 180 lbs.

Racing mountain bike later tonight. Racing is so much more fun as the weight drops and strength improves.

Down 0.5 lbs to 182.0. Not much, but at least it is down. I’ve lost 37 lbs since June, but it gets harder every week. I may need to be more careful with calories and bump up the amount of exercise a bit. Right now I walk for an hour a day.

Lost 4 of the 7 lbs I gained on an 11 day, 3502 mile road trip down the east coast and back. Man, those were some great breweries though!!

Me neither, holding at 220. But I did get a blood test and my A1C is now 5.4 down from 6.2.

Woo-hoo! losing those 25 pounds had good effect on my sugar - :)

Weighed in at 178.9 this week, down 3.1 lbs. Hoping to make it to 168 before Thanksgiving.

Weighed 177 this morning, down 1.9 lbs. Still have a roll of fat around my stomach, which surprises me because I am now normal weight. I hope to get down to 168 before Thanksgiving, but that looks like a stretch at this point.

Been on low carb since June. Weighed 261.

This morning weighed 243. Been at this level for many weeks. Goal is 200.

I'll keep chugging along. Having a hard time breaking 240.

Maybe I should exercise:confused:

[emoji16][emoji16]

214 lbs today. Down a pound this week.

Last mountain bike race for the season tonight. Races on the schedule for the next few months are a crazy fun heart pounding format called cyclocross.

Need to practice my barrier bunny hopping and beer and candy hand up grabbing skills. Let the good times continue!

Bounced up a two pounds this week to 215 lbs.

Have been working out and dropping weight like crazy since retiring at the end of April. Daily two hour sessions on my cyclocross bike on steep gravel roads and an hour in the gym working on core strength and intervals. And of course drinking plenty of water and eating healthier.

Bike race both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. First mass start bike race since the pandemic. So much fun racing wheel-to-wheel. Nothing gets the heart pumping faster than that first 20 seconds of a race as the pack accelerates off the line into that first turn to see who gets there first and takes the Hole Shot. Goal for the weekend is to finish in the top ten.

Yesterday at my annual check up I weighed 185....4 more than last year. My desired wt is 175....so got some work to do.

Scale says 215lbs again. Another week with no loss ... and thankfully no gain either.

Bicycle race both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday had mid-race mechanical issues but still managed to finish. Fixed on Saturday night and different story on Sunday, 5th place finish. Couple of my racing buddies complemented my weight loss and improved cardio conditioning. Racing is so much better when I can hang and battle with the faster group. Haven’t had this feeling in a few years.

199, the last six weeks have been good so far. Still a long way to get down to my target but I've got milestones at 195 (what I was bouncing around when my wife and I started dating), 185 (what I was hovering around at for the 5 years before that), and 172 (the weight i was at 18 years ago when I looked at a photo of myself and was horrified and started a serious gym commitment again to make up for no longer walking around NYC everyday and spending many hours a week out dancing). I figure at 172 I can evaluate if I need to keep losing weight, or if the years of eating+lifting mean my in shape weight is higher... Still a very long way to go to get to the 142.5 weight I was when I was at 17 years ago when I hit my best shape of my adult life, but the progress of the last six weeks has been very motivating.

173.3, down 0.5 lbs. I’m actually at a good weight now, but want to get down a few more pounds in case I gain weight from Thanksgiving through New Year. I’m worried about regaining weight, which I’ve done before. Anyone have any tips on how to transition from losing weight to maintaining weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom