It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down another pound this week to 221 lbs, for a total loss of 29 lbs since May 1.

Also as a result of daily workouts am seeing significant improvements in both cardio conditioning and strength.

Can’t wait until the virus clears and we can race again. Gonna be a whole new ballgame when we line up on a Saturday morning and the man says go!

Gained some Covid weight. At least I like the way that shifts responsibility. In reality it was me and Ben and Jerry. 127 on the way down to 121.

I got fed up (literally and figuratively) with my weight March 1. I was at 140# at 5'1". I decided to try intermittent fasting 16 - 8, cutting down on alcohol, and cutting out sugar. No other food changes. At that moment, I didn't realize Covid-19 was going to strike hard and we would be mostly at home for the next 6 months and more. Having made the decision and finding it easy to avoid restaurants, and extended dinners with friends, I've been able to reduce alcohol consumption dramatically, and sugar too. I'm down to 123# and feeling great. I'm no longer really trying to lose weight, but I am maintaining this lifestyle with a few more beers here and there and an occasional dessert. The trick will be maintaining once we return to something approaching normal life.

I am starting ER today and posting here as a reminder to weigh in after I get home. I have promised my DD that I will begin working out with her and am planning on starting to walk the dog at least twice a day as I move into ER. One of the excuses of living at 225 or 230 has been the 2 hours in the car and FT job. Now with no excuses I will have to see whether I can bring things down below 200 anyways...

I am starting ER today and posting here as a reminder to weigh in after I get home. I have promised my DD that I will begin working out with her and am planning on starting to walk the dog at least twice a day as I move into ER. One of the excuses of living at 225 or 230 has been the 2 hours in the car and FT job. Now with no excuses I will have to see whether I can bring things down below 200 anyways...

Happy first day of ER! And take it easy on that weight loss program. ER and weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

Down another pound to 220 lbs today. Total loss of 30 lbs.

Racing mountain bike in a twilight race tonight. Last time I raced was back in February before everything closed down. Let the good times roll again!

I want to join this Wednesday Weigh in group.
My weight has crept up to 181.4 lbs -NOT good

This week I signed up for a health coach with whom I will meet each week.

It will last 6 months and my goals are modest; lose 10 lbs and eat less sweets
In retirement, we have so many plans for hiking, biking, etc and I want to do it all !

When the lockdown for Covid -19 started, I gained about 5 pounds from overeating and drinking. Reading here about people losing weight during the pandemic motivated me to do the same. Since June, I’ve gone from 219 to 188.6 today. I’m hoping to lose about 15 more pounds before winter begins. I must admit, it is getting harder as time goes on. What keeps you motivated to stay on a long term diet, especially when weight loss begins to falter?

I want to join this Wednesday Weigh in group.
My weight has crept up to 181.4 lbs -NOT good

This week I signed up for a health coach with whom I will meet each week.

It will last 6 months and my goals are modest; lose 10 lbs and eat less sweets
In retirement, we have so many plans for hiking, biking, etc and I want to do it all !

Sweets have always been my weak spot. I find that after cutting them out for several months, I can start to taste sweetness in foods I never considered sweet, such as nuts and vegetables.

I look forward to reading about your weight loss journey!

Gained some Covid weight. I am going to blame Covid for the 5-lbs weight gain. Will be more careful with food. I need to eat less sweets. Weighed in today at 139. Pre-Pandemic I was at 133.4. In March, I bought several tins of various kinds of chocolates and cookies. Did not want to experience "lockdown" without chocolates. Well, I am paying for it now :(

What keeps you motivated to stay on a long term diet, especially when weight loss begins to falter?

I am starting ER today and posting here as a reminder to weigh in after I get home...Now with no excuses I will have to see whether I can bring things down below 200 anyways...

Fixating on the numbers on the scale can be motivating at times, but the numbers can be erratic from day to day even when you're on the right track. For me, seeing scary-high cholesterol numbers about 3 years ago jolted me to try to improve my health by changing my eating habits (more good stuff, avoid the bad stuff) & committing to 10,000+ steps a day. Just from making the commitment I felt I was changing for the better & my mind-set was that this would be permanent. I never weighed myself (don't own a scale), but the numbers on the pedometer keep me honest. Within a few months my cholesterol levels changed dramatically & within a year I had lost about 25 pounds. The changes became habits. No going back!

As someone said, it's not a sprint but a marathon.

Down to 215. That makes 20lbs since the beginning of the year and 80lbs since I started keeping track of calories on MyFitnessPal two years ago. If I can make it to 205, I won't be obese anymore! That sounds like a good goal.

What keeps you motivated to stay on a long term diet, especially when weight loss begins to falter?

What keeps me motivated for the long-term? Easy answer ... I’m a competitive person and frequently race mountain bikes (and cyclocross and gravel roads too). I used to be slim and trim and occasionally would land on the podium. That’s not gonna happen for me at 220 lbs. Have to keep training to get fitter and eating healthy to get lighter. Last night I placed 8th in a field of 11. Motivated to keep shedding pounds and working out for better results.

When the lockdown for Covid -19 started, I gained about 5 pounds from overeating and drinking. Reading here about people losing weight during the pandemic motivated me to do the same. Since June, I’ve gone from 219 to 188.6 today. I’m hoping to lose about 15 more pounds before winter begins. I must admit, it is getting harder as time goes on. What keeps you motivated to stay on a long term diet, especially when weight loss begins to falter?
For me it's been goals of how much I wanted to weigh. In 2015 I dropped 70 motivated by a health condition my PCP suggested a normal BMI would fix it. He was right and I dropped an extra 10.

Recently I dropped 10 I gained back but the motivater was my cholesterol. I dropped it 90+ points and dropped the 10.

It can be challenging I do remember folks on MFP talking about cheat days. MFP was good when I was learning how to control my diet. Do you use it and participate in their forum?

For me it's been goals of how much I wanted to weigh. In 2015 I dropped 70 motivated by a health condition my PCP suggested a normal BMI would fix it. He was right and I dropped an extra 10.

Recently I dropped 10 I gained back but the motivater was my cholesterol. I dropped it 90+ points and dropped the 10.

It can be challenging I do remember folks on MFP talking about cheat days. MFP was good when I was learning how to control my diet. Do you use it and participate in their forum?

I have downloaded the MyFitnessPal app and have used it to look up the calories in food, but not to log food. I did find a link to a site about long term weight loss on the MFP forum, though. It is interesting that most people who lost a lot of weight and kept it off for 5+ years started because of a medical scare. To keep weight off, the people in the study exercised for an hour or more per day and ate a reduced calorie diet (less than 1700 calories per day for men). The permanently reduced calorie diet is an eye-opening revelation for me.

I have downloaded the MyFitnessPal app and have used it to look up the calories in food, but not to log food. I did find a link to a site about long term weight loss on the MFP forum, though. It is interesting that most people who lost a lot of weight and kept it off for 5+ years started because of a medical scare. To keep weight off, the people in the study exercised for an hour or more per day and ate a reduced calorie diet (less than 1700 calories per day for men). The permanently reduced calorie diet is an eye-opening revelation for me.
Yeah it is definitely a great place to learn. I did find certain foods I enjoyed eating that were lower calorie. For example almond milk is no different, for me, than whole milk. Lot less calories too.

I've found that certain foods are good for keeping me feeling full too. Higher protein and fat are great for me.

No loss this week. Still at 220 lbs.

My excuse ... Lousy air quality due to fires so not able to get out on my mountain bike for a proper workout for a few days. Supposed to race mountain bike time trial tonight, but likely the promoter will cancel due to the orange smokey air.

AND dear wife has knee replacement surgery coming up on Friday so have been busy driving to pre-op appointments, trips to pharmacy for meds and grocery shopping for mostly health snacks that she’ll want during recovery.

Weighed 185.1 this morning, down 1.5 lbs from last week. Down about 34 lbs. since June, 17 more lbs to go. I must say, it is getting harder and harder every week.

Down a pound this week to 219 lb for a total loss of 31 lbs since May 1.

Mountain bike time trial races are on for tonight. Two weeks ago I finished a pathetic 7th in my age class of 11 racers. Time trails, where each racer starts a minute apart, are not my favorite but it’s what we have now until the virus clears and can go back to mass start and wheel-to-wheel racing.

Interesting. Last weigh on 8/5 at 181.4. Today 190.6.
Gained 9 lbs eating the same, alternating days of hiking, biking, running. Have increased weight lifting.

But I think that our scale is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom