It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
214. Down a tiny bit. I lost 10lbs the week of my neck surgery, but quickly gained 6 back. Still, I'm happy. Down 21 for the year and 81 since I started MyFitnessPal a couple of years ago. Only 9 more pounds to get out of the obese category.

170.3 lbs, down 3 lbs since Wed. Weighing in early this week since I’m supposed to have surgery in a couple of days. Won’t be able to exercise for a while, so reaching 168 by Thanksgiving is starting to look pretty iffy.

Still sitting at 213 lbs. No loss or gain this week.

On the positive side, fitness continues to improve. Just back from a 7 mile / 1 hour road run. Haven’t been on that pace in many years.

Cheers to my weight losing fellow retirees. Hope your week is awesome.

170.8, up 0.5 lbs in 10 days. Ate normal meals for three days getting ready for surgery, but then it was postponed. Oh well, back to the weight loss grindstone.

Stalled at 213 lbs.

Cyclocross bicycle race this Saturday. Unfortunately with Covid no mid-race beer or licorice hand ups from spectators (AKA Hecklers). Goal for this weeks race is to finish in the top ten. If I stay rubber side down that’s a realistic objective for slimmer and fitter me. Will report back next Wednesday and perhaps a photo or two if I can figure out how to upload.

It’s not Wednesday, but I’m posting early because I will have surgery tomorrow. 168.4, down 2.4 lbs since last Wed. A smidge over my goal of 168 by Thanksgiving. Pretty satisfied with that.

Had a great cyclocross bicycle race on Saturday. Took third place in my class of twenty 50 year old racers. Had an OMG moment at the start when I realized I was third into the first corner. Defended that position for the entire race. Couldn’t close the 30 second gap on the first two guys though. Heart rate was maxed and lungs working at capacity. Diet and daily workouts are paying off. Has been a few years since I landed on the podium.

Current weight is 210 lbs, down 3 lbs from previous weeks and 40 lbs since May 1. BMI charts .... if you subscribe to those things ... no longer puts me in the obese category. Now just “overweight”.

Not Wednesday, but when I weighed in this morning I was at 167.8, which made my goal of 168 by Thanksgiving! No more trying to lose weight, but transitioning to trying to maintain.

Wish you all a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

218 still. But not bad for eating a lot of Turkish Pistachios - :)

No loss this week. Still at 210 lbs.

Registered for double header bicycle race next weekend. However with all the bad news about the pandemic, chances of the race actually happening are 50:50 at best.

Down to 216. One more and I'll be down 30 pounds since May

Down to 216. One more and I'll be down 30 pounds since May

30 lbs down. Nice job!

I’m about the same place ... started weight loss on May 1 and down a bunch since then. Currently fluctuating between 210 and 215 lbs with a goal to get to 180 by next July.

In a stalemate with the scale, it won’t budge off of 215 lbs.

And sadly as expected, due to the escalating COVID-19 situation, cyclocross bicycle races this weekend are cancelled. Was registered to race both Saturday and Sunday. Was looking forward to another test of my improved cardio and fitness against my racing buddies. That’ll have to wait until after the New Year.

213 lbs today.

Daughter is home on break from nursing school for the next few weeks so the fridge and pantry are stuffed with all her favorite foods and goodies. Trying to resist, but not always successful.

Began eating over a 4 hour period in Sept. Down 25 pounds.
Black coffee and water only the other non-sleeping hours.

Hardly ever post here. A few years ago had t make a significant diet (and exercise change) due to a type 2 diabetes diagnosis and have done well enough to stay off any drugs. A year ago I was down to 185+- a couple (from 215), and now I'm at 182+- a couple. Goal is to pretty much stay where I'm at; trying to shave off 5 or 10 more is possibly doable but would be pretty tough and the added stress would likely offset the benefit.

Got the scale to budge. Dropped to 210 lbs this week. Forty lbs down and 30 more to go by August 1, 2021.

Just got my race bike back together from her annual overhaul. Bearings, brake pads, rotors, wheels and other wear parts don’t last long when you are over 200 lbs. Test ride yesterday and a few adjustments last night and now she’s ready to go again.

G'morning all. I'm at 174.2 this a.m. That's down from 192 a while back (which is SERIOUSLY too heavy for a 5'9" guy), but I've been up and down the last few months. I figure maybe it's time for a bit of accountability. I hope you all are reaching and surpassing your weight-loss goals. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom