It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small standing desk for home

I am looking for a small standing desk for use at home. By small I mean 3 to 4 feet wide, and with a few drawers to hold pencils, pens, and paperwork.

It will be used for computer work mostly. And organizing my paper work.
FWIW, I am about 6 feet tall.

I would appreciate recommendations

I've been between 131 and 133 for the last 4 years or so. I do not watch calorie intake and eat dessert daily. Just saying...intermittent fasting works for me. I admit when I go overboard with pasta and a heavy dessert the weight goes up a pound or two but comes right back down. My exercise is a daily hour walk with my 100 lb labrador. I consider that weight lifting to an extent, he pulls like crazy.

I just found this weight loss thread and and since I have been trying to shed some weight I decided to post my progress to date. I am 6'3" tall and have slowly over the last 8 years of retirement maxed at 238 lbs. On March 2 wife and I started a diet together. As of yesterday, March 30, I am down to 224 lbs.

I accomplished this by cutting out all bread, pasta, and sweets of any kind. Of course my portions are reduced and absolutely no snacking. I have not greatly changed the amount of exercise. It is tough to give up so much as I love to bake and cook.

I hope to at least get to 200 lbs.

I just found this weight loss thread and and since I have been trying to shed some weight I decided to post my progress to date. I am 6'3" tall and have slowly over the last 8 years of retirement maxed at 238 lbs. On March 2 wife and I started a diet together. As of yesterday, March 30, I am down to 224 lbs.

I accomplished this by cutting out all bread, pasta, and sweets of any kind. Of course my portions are reduced and absolutely no snacking. I have not greatly changed the amount of exercise. It is tough to give up so much as I love to bake and cook.

I discovered the hard way that my pandemic baking hobby, while fun, was not good for myself or my SO. We did as you are -cut out sweets, bread and pasta, and both lost a good amount of weight. 15 lbs for me, 20 for him. It is worth it to be healthy.

Forgot to add - I switched my cooking projects to focus more on homemade versions of stuff we eat. Homemade soups, chili, marinara, apple sauce - all with no sugar added. I then jar them using the pressure canners Santa brought me for Christmas. So I still get to putter around my kitchen all day but just make things that are better for us :)

Weigh in day 222 lbs. 16 lbs lost in 5 weeks and still going, but a long way to go.

I'm 6'2" and 61
Trend from youth was a steady climb to ~240 by age 35. hung out thereabouts for 15 years.
It went right on up to ~310 by 11/2016, my personal rock bottom.
Did a DR. supervised keto diet, dropped to a 30 year low of 218 by 7/2017.
Stabilized @220~230 till late 2018, when I took a bad fall and tore both rotators and other things. A year+ of sedentary depression and surgeries followed.
I was cleared to work in 6/2020 but the damage was done. I hit my new worst of 292 when I started this Dr. supervised VLC keto diet ~4 weeks ago.
Today was 266.7

I'm 6'2" and 61
Trend from youth was a steady climb to ~240 by age 35. hung out thereabouts for 15 years.
It went right on up to ~310 by 11/2016, my personal rock bottom.
Did a DR. supervised keto diet, dropped to a 30 year low of 218 by 7/2017.
Stabilized @220~230 till late 2018, when I took a bad fall and tore both rotators and other things. A year+ of sedentary depression and surgeries followed.
I was cleared to work in 6/2020 but the damage was done. I hit my new worst of 292 when I started this Dr. supervised VLC keto diet ~4 weeks ago.
Today was 266.7

Nice progress! Just be careful to avoid accidents and you’ll be fine. My doctor tells me every year that the downfall of most seniors begins with a fall or accident.

I discovered the hard way that my pandemic baking hobby, while fun, was not good for myself or my SO. We did as you are -cut out sweets, bread and pasta, and both lost a good amount of weight. 15 lbs for me, 20 for him. It is worth it to be healthy.

It must be tough to have a baking hobby. Kudos to have the willpower to cut back on things that you enjoy making. I have a sweets problem that needs to be addressed also.

Nice progress! Just be careful to avoid accidents and you’ll be fine. My doctor tells me every year that the downfall of most seniors begins with a fall or accident.

yes I thought I was some young guy at 57, and riding like I was a messenger bike service in the sometimes mean streets of Seattle. No more city riding for me. I was at the pinnacle of my conditioning and got in 27 minutes of 150+ cardio every morning on the way to work.
From now on all my fast riding will be on a dedicated bike path.

Still at 211 lbs. Am working to get the scale to tell me a number that starts with “1”, but she is very stubborn!

Continue to hit the gym almost daily and putting many miles on my mtn and gravel road bikes.

Mtn bike and gravel road racing season is in full swing. Am 3 races into a new 10 race series and tomorrow in a different race series will compete in race 9 of 10. Routinely on the podium in both series.

First big event for gravel endurance road racing is next month. An Omnium (a time trial Friday nite and two 50+ mile races in one weekend).

Let the good times roll!!!

Weighed in this morning at 219 lbs. That is 3 lbs. lost this past week. So, I am half way to my initial goal with 19 lbs. lost and 19 lbs. to go. Funny, I don't see much progress in the mirror but my clothes are fitting better. That is a nice benefit.

It's weigh in day. A bit disappointed I am down only one pound this week. Current weight is 218. That is 20 pounds lost in 7 weeks with 18 pounds to go.

I should have done more exercising this past week but helping DW after her surgery.

133 this morning. I seemed to be stuck at 135 but changed my workouts to include more rowing and weights, and now a couple of more pounds are off.

It's weigh in day again. Weigh 216 today which is down 2 lbs. this week and is a total of 22 lbs lost in 8 weeks. At least 16 pounds more to lose.

One good result from healthy eating, my recent blood work showed that my cholesterol number was 55. It was low enough that my Dr. took my off atorvastatin that I have been taking for a couple of years.:dance:

I just noticed this thread. I desperately need to lose 30 lbs and am looking for some accountability-other than to myself. I lie to myself a lot.
I would like to join and also give others any needed support.

It is a good thing. I am happy to share more of my story if that helps others. Step on up Irish :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom