It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Wednesday but I am apparently UP 2 lbs after a week of over 25miles of biking and a 5 mile run and some weight lifting today.

I'm going to keep at it. Super disappointing I went from turning 40 being the best shape of my life to approaching 41 in the worst shape of my life. That's a slight exaggeration as I was over 205lbs and out of breath after one flight of stairs the day I decided I was done drinking alcohol about 11 years ago.

I had joined a rec beach volleyball league during the pandemic, had really hit the gym hard, started biking a bunch, jumping rope, and then I started a business as a climbing arborist so I was literally crushing PRs, and dropped down to 148lbs as I couldn't eat enough calories to keep up with my weight loss in the sun doing tree work. FF 8 months later and I gained 33lbs over the winter after not being active at all, sleeping a lot more than I normally do, and I actually quit smoking weed about 8months ago so not sure if that all affected my metabolism. I think I kinda swapped one addiction with another and am now eating WAY too much, and a lot less healthy. By my estimate, a solid 90 to 120 days of intense working out, cycling, swimming, calisthenics, HIIT training and some really solid eating where I need to avoid all fast food and focus on high protein, low carb with portion control and I SHOULD Be looking alright again. I miss my 8 pack abs.

Weigh in day again, down 2 more lbs to 214. That is 24 lbs lost in 9 weeks. Only 14 lbs to go. My clothes are fitting better to getting loose.

I'm down 3 lbs to 168. My goal is to see a number that starts with 15* and maintain that weight class. I also want to build muscle mass, so it won't be as easy nor quick as I would like. But I have sort of a goal that by June 15th I am at least in that weight class. That means I need to lose 9 lbs in 6 weeks, or roughly 1.5lbs a week. Totally doable. I've done it before, I just need to be consistent. In the past week I've started cycling again, running, jump rope, and lifting. I also started coaching my sons baseball team so that is a workout in itself. Ideally I land at 155, toned, and with my 8 pack abs back into play. HIIT and Calisthenics will help get me past the finish line. I have a few friends who are also joined up on my crusade and wanting to reach some of their own fitness goals, and my wife is super supportive working out herself so I have some accountability which is key for me. Plus this forum of great people to inspire me!

My weight has been steady within 3 pounds or so for the past year. I am a regular calorie tracker on My Fitness Pal.

What I have learned in the last two weeks is that just because I can burn 3800 calories in a day by hiking doesn't mean that I should actually consume that many calories in a single day.

My body is rather unhappy with me today.

I'd like to join in if you don't mind.

I'm 63, 6'3", and weighed 262 on this Easter when I decided to get serious about losing some weight. My DW and I have organized a backpacking trip for mid-July to finish the last 65 miles of John Muir Trail, which includes climbing Forester Pass (13,100') and Mt Whitney (14,400'). Every pound I lose between now and then is a pound that I don't have to lug up both of those places! I have stopped eating rice, bread, pasta, and potatoes, and am cutting down on overall portions. So far I am at 252...down 10 lbs with a goal of 20 more in the next 2 months.

I'd like to join in if you don't mind.

I'm 63, 6'3", and weighed 262 on this Easter when I decided to get serious about losing some weight. My DW and I have organized a backpacking trip for mid-July to finish the last 65 miles of John Muir Trail, which includes climbing Forester Pass (13,100') and Mt Whitney (14,400'). Every pound I lose between now and then is a pound that I don't have to lug up both of those places! I have stopped eating rice, bread, pasta, and potatoes, and am cutting down on overall portions. So far I am at 252...down 10 lbs with a goal of 20 more in the next 2 months.
Welcome! I'm a hiker of similar age and lost about 70 pounds in 2014-15. I'm up 10-15 pounds with the pandemic, but still hiking strongly.

Will be taking on some high passes in Colorado this summer.

Weigh in = 213 so down only one pound this past week. That is 25 lbs in 10 weeks. It seems to have become a bit more difficult to lose the weight the last few weeks.

Weigh in day, down only 1 lb this week to 208. That is down 30 lbs in 3 months.

I just noticed this thread. I desperately need to lose 30 lbs and am looking for some accountability-other than to myself. I lie to myself a lot.
I would like to join and also give others any needed support.

I’m quoting myself because I posted this and then promptly forgot about it.
My weight situation has not changed. [emoji15][emoji2356]
Need to lose 30 lbs. Plan to post next Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom