My DH has prostate cancer

Just saw this thread. Very happy for you, bbamI and your DH.

Now go out, enjoy FIRE life together, and leave those dark, cloudy times behind in the rear view mirror! :greetings10:

Good news. We got the results this afternoon from the PSA done yesterday...it has gone from a 5 to 3.5 :D

Who knows what the future tests will show...but for now, I'm gonna celebrate! :dance:

Told ya to think Muppets, not monsters.:D

sCh_elmodance.gif
Yeppers. :)

Thanks for the kind words and tune y'all.....:greetings10:

I know how we love to talk about prostates....:angel:...so here's an update.

12/15/10........Diagnosed with cancer........................................PSA...... 4
6/1/11............Blood work done after RT....................................PSA...... 5
7/13/11..........Blood work done after antibiotics..........................PSA...... 3.5

10/20/11........Blood work done for 'official' 6 month checkup.........PSA...... 2.3

................exhale................:)

Last edited:
Good looking numbers bbbambi. I'm going in Nov 1 to see my doctor for a general checkup and I'm going to talk to hm about all the latest discussion on prostate cancer screening. I've always tested normal but should something show up in the future, would they proceed with teatment on
this 75 year old man? I understand that at this age, they probably wouldn't do anything. Glad hubby is checking stable.

12/15/10........Diagnosed with cancer........................................PSA...... 4
6/1/11............Blood work done after RT....................................PSA...... 5
7/13/11..........Blood work done after antibiotics..........................PSA...... 3.5

10/20/11........Blood work done for 'official' 6 month checkup.........PSA...... 2.3

Sounds like time to celebrate! :D :dance::clap: I'm so happy for the two of you. :)

Such WONDERFUL news!!!!! I am so happy for you guys to get this news - big exhale for sure...and now time to dance! :dance::dance::dance:

Thanks for updating about your DH's health--such good news!! And the relief you both must be feeling has to be incredible.

Once again I've decided to update this thread. It's had a lot of views and I thought it might give some comfort/information to folks that are dealing with prostate cancer now or may face it in the future.

We had quite the scare when DH had his PSA checked six months after 10/20/11 as his number had gone to 4.3. The doc immediately put him on antibiotics for three weeks. One week after all the pills were taken, another PSA was done. The result was 2.2.

He was tested three months later...the result was 2.5. I was happy with the number, but it had increased a little and I was not too thrilled....but was not overly anxious.

Six months later.......

....we just got the result from the blood work done three days ago. It is 1.8.

It continues to be a roller coaster ride, however so far so good. :greetings10:

Six months later.......

....we just got the result from the blood work done three days ago. It is 1.8.

It continues to be a roller coaster ride, however so far so good. :greetings10:
Great news! Thanks for sharing.

Ha

:)

First obvious is my prayers are with you and your DH. Second those are awesome numbers and let's hope they remain that way. Third keep the faith love is a big help in any cure.

:greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom