My DH has prostate cancer

Congratulations on getting through this. Difficult to tell which one of you had the tougher job.

So... when's the next ride?

At last! I'm glad for you guys that it went well with so little side effects. :clap:

So you're more svelte now? Just don't go anorexic on us, ok? Maybe I'm not speaking for everyone, but IMHO a woman needs a minimum of meat on her bones.
Thanks Tigger....:flowers:

Mmmmm, don't worry darlin'...I've still got a bit o' jiggle in my wiggle...:D
Now that life has become somewhat less serious, hopefully we'll soon see a more typical bbbamI avatar again. ;)

It is so good to learn that all turned out well for you both.

Bring on the boots!
Y'all talkin' about [-]this[/-] these? ;)

Attachments

• myboots.jpg
    myboots.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 380
Congratulations on getting through this. Difficult to tell which one of you had the tougher job.

So... when's the next ride?
Thanks Nords...yep, it was quite the experience for the both of us.

Heh...he's ridden a few times during RT. As a matter of fact he rode the bike on Sunday. He's thinking about taking a long trip in a month or so. But shhhhhh...don't tell anyone...:angel:

Congratulations to both of you; glad things went well with DH's treatment.

Welcome back, we've missed you! :flowers:

Very happy for you both and hope all future tests show are all clear.

Let the celebrating commence and keep enoying the fancy dishes.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: (well I was gonna put 40 of them, but you get the idea)

An update...

We got the results of the PSA that was done last week. Unfortunately it has risen to 5 (his PSA was 4 when diagnosed with cancer). They believe it is prostatitis. He'll be taking an antibiotic for this condition and will have another PSA done the second week of July.

The doctor told us before he had the PSA done last week there was a possibility of this happening.

But still...this was not the result we were hoping for. ...sigh....

All fingers and paws crossed in the Purron household...

Bbbami,

It can take more than a year to normalize after radiation. There may still be some post-XRT inflammation hanging around before the last of the prostate surrenders.

Keep the faith, Baby. ;)

All fingers and paws crossed in the Purron household...

.... and in the Alan household... (minus the paws)

Even though you were forewarned that this may be the case it is still frustrating to have to go through another test.

Last edited:
Those ups and downs are tough, aren't they? Plus all the waiting for results. Major pampering tonight.

I'm sure it will be fine.

(hugs) Hoping that in July, the test will come out better. Sounds like it will but I know this has got to be driving both of you up the wall. :( I'll be wishing for the best and rooting for him on the sidelines.

Dang it. Sorry you'll have six weeks of nervously chewing on your gorgeous fingernails while you wait for the retest. Saying a little prayer that the inflammation gets sent on its way by the antibiotics.

I have to agree with Rich . It takes a awhile to stabilize after your ordeal but I will still be sending up some prayers for your family.

Thanks y'all.... :)

I was so sure his PSA would be down...at least a tiny bit. We had no idea he had inflammation as he had no symptoms. So...I was kind of thrown for a loop. 'Course then again he didn't have any symptoms of prostate cancer (except a slight elevation of his PSA).
Keep the faith, Baby.
Mmm, hmmm....I'm tryin'. Runnin' on faith and fumes these daze. Just gotta get a little more sugar for my lemonade. :)

An update...

We got the results of the PSA that was done last week. Unfortunately it has risen to 5 (his PSA was 4 when diagnosed with cancer). They believe it is prostatitis. He'll be taking an antibiotic for this condition and will have another PSA done the second week of July.
Good news. We got the results this afternoon from the PSA done yesterday...it has gone from a 5 to 3.5 :D

Who knows what the future tests will show...but for now, I'm gonna celebrate! :dance:

That's super news!! Made my day. We'll all be celebrating with you. :dance:

Good news. We got the results this afternoon from the PSA done yesterday...it has gone from a 5 to 3.5 :D

Who knows what the future tests will show...but for now, I'm gonna celebrate! :dance:

Woo hoo!!! That's wonderful. :dance: :clap: :dance: :D

Happy to the latest great results and it's definitely time to celebrate. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Back
Top Bottom