My DH has prostate cancer

No. The only side effect he has is going to the bathroom a little more often (no diarrhea). No rash, blood, or pain so far. His doctor is a bit stunned. :blink:

That is brilliant, I'm so pleased to hear that the side effects are so small.

I worked with a 30 something engineer who developed testicular cancer and he used to travel 5 hours to Houston for treatment, staying for a week or so at a time. Very difficult for him and his young family but he was cured, and that was over 15 years ago that he was given the all-clear.

I went with DH to his RT...and today was a rather emotional one.

My buddy that has been there all along completed his last treatment today. He sure did calm my fears and kept me smiling every time I saw him. I gave him a big hug, told him I would miss him and wished him well.

Then I met Ben. Ben is 32 years old and has testicular cancer. He seems confident; however I could see the worry in his eyes. His first radiation treatment is today. ....sigh....

DH is doing very well and has only 13 more treatments to go.

This has been and continues to be quite the experience.
Good for both of you. Sounds like you're becoming a bit of a soothing influence at the center as well. Not surprised at all.

When I went to my last tour on active duty I relieved a guy who'd been drydocked for testicular cancer. ...

I worked with a young engineer that found out he had testicular cancer during his college graduation physical.

I worked with a 30 something engineer who developed testicular cancer and he used to travel 5 hours to Houston for treatment, staying for a week or so at a time.
Wow...seems as if testicular cancer is not that uncommon.

It sure is difficult talking to a young person about cancer. I'm old enough to be Ben's mom. Even though I'm not a mom, I felt maternal instincts kick in. I wanted to make it go away and for him to be all better.

Good for both of you. Sounds like you're becoming a bit of a soothing influence at the center as well. Not surprised at all.
Oh my....thank you Michael. :)

It continues to be a roller coaster ride of emotions. Seems as if we are there to catch each other when we fall....

I am pleased to report that DH will complete his last RT today. :greetings10:

The only side effect he’s had has been going to the bathroom more than usual. This side effect should be gone within two to three weeks. He will have a PSA done in the next four to six weeks, then will have a PSA done every six months for five years. After five years, he will have it done once a year.

A forum member suggested we get the paperwork from his RT regarding all aspects of his treatment for future reference. We should be getting those reports soon.

As for my ‘side effects’, I’ve experienced bouts of my face breaking out, every bite of food going straight through me, and having difficulty sleeping. Kicking butterflies was on my agenda as well, but I have someone close to me that has helped me through the tough times. Sometimes a strong shoulder, at least in my case, can do more than any medication.

On another personal note, thankfully my momma remained stable during DH’s RT. I did not have to make a mad dash to MO alone. My daddy would have known there was something wrong and I would have had to tell him what was going on with DH. I never had to tell him; daddy has enough to deal with and thankfully he was spared.

It’s been quite the adventure. It hasn’t been all bad….a couple of months ago I started using my ‘fancy’ dishes…even for bologna sandwiches. :)

Glad you two are done with this phase and I'll be hoping all your future results show that it's GONE for GOOD.

I understand using the fancy dishes! Sometimes you realize you don't need to put off the finer things for another time. The time is now.

It’s been quite the adventure. It hasn’t been all bad….a couple of months ago I started using my ‘fancy’ dishes…even for bologna sandwiches. :)

Great news that the adventure is almost over ! Time to Celebrate !

So happy to get the good news:flowers:

I'm so glad this day has come for your DH and you. It's been a long journey for both of you--also glad that you've been able to let it out on that strong shoulder that is there for you.

Good news, I'm so very pleased that you have made it through this difficult time.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Wonderful news!! Keep the fancy dishes out!! Wishing you both the best!

Yippeee.

This is great news indeed!! What a relief it must be for both of you. Thank you again for the updates. :flowers:

Wonderful, wonderful!

Hmmm... what happens to those gold seeds? :ROFLMAO:

Amethyst

:dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations to bbbamI and DH!
I think that calls for a toast.....

Good for you and DH! Hopefully this will allow your nerves to calm a bit, and be able to sleep more peacefully.

R

Thanks y'all.....:flowers:

He received a certificate today proclaiming the completion of his radiation treatments. It was signed by the techs and doctor...the certificate is in a frame. I think it's kinda nice, but I don't think I'll hang it on the wall anytime soon. :blink:

Wonderful, wonderful!

Hmmm... what happens to those gold seeds? :ROFLMAO:

Amethyst
.....well, I think he'll keep them where they are. Besides, we're having a drought in TX, so I don't think anything would grow from them....:D

The only side effect he’s had has been going to the bathroom more than usual. This side effect should be gone within two to three weeks. He will have a PSA done in the next four to six weeks, then will have a PSA done every six months for five years. After five years, he will have it done once a year.

A forum member suggested we get the paperwork from his RT regarding all aspects of his treatment for future reference. We should be getting those reports soon.

As for my ‘side effects’, I’ve experienced bouts of my face breaking out, every bite of food going straight through me, and having difficulty sleeping. Kicking butterflies was on my agenda as well, but I have someone close to me that has helped me through the tough times. Sometimes a strong shoulder, at least in my case, can do more than any medication.

On another personal note, thankfully my momma remained stable during DH’s RT. I did not have to make a mad dash to MO alone. My daddy would have known there was something wrong and I would have had to tell him what was going on with DH. I never had to tell him; daddy has enough to deal with and thankfully he was spared.

Good report bbbamI. I hope your side effects can settle down now too.

Ha

At last! I'm glad for you guys that it went well with so little side effects. :clap:

As for my ‘side effects’, (...) every bite of food going straight through me
So you're more svelte now? Just don't go anorexic on us, ok? Maybe I'm not speaking for everyone, but IMHO a woman needs a minimum of meat on her bones.
Now that life has become somewhat less serious, hopefully we'll soon see a more typical bbbamI avatar again. ;)

It is so good to learn that all turned out well for you both.

Now that life has become somewhat less serious, hopefully we'll soon see a more typical bbbamI avatar again. ;)

Bring on the boots!

Back
Top Bottom