New Shingrx Shingles Vaccine

I just filed a complaint with the FDA because I can't find a second dose. I believe the initial stock was mostly used up giving people the first dose and now there is insufficient stock to give all these people a second dose within six months. PMs from journalists and class action lawyers are welcomed.

I just filed a complaint with the FDA because I can't find a second dose. I believe the initial stock was mostly used up giving people the first dose and now there is insufficient stock to give all these people a second dose within six months. PMs from journalists and class action lawyers are welcomed.

I can't find a first shot and was pondering if the second shot people were using up all the doses!!!

Have you waited six months?....otherwise journalists and class action lawyers:cool:

I can't find a first shot and was pondering if the second shot people were using up all the doses!!!

I happened to be in a Kroger last week (Knoxville, TN) and decided to check on availability -- they had it in stock so I got my first shot while there. It has been a week today - no side effects other than slight soreness at the injection site for a couple of days. The pharmacy indicated that they have had a few short periods with no stock but rarely more than 3-4 days.

Now there is a possibility of being allergic to one or more of the components of the shot, that could lead to anaphylaxis ...which could lead to death if not treated, but how do you know if you are allergic until you get the shot :facepalm:

PS it is suggested to not get the second shot if you have anaphylaxis to the first shot ;)
Are there known cases of anaphylaxis related to taking Shingrix, confirming the possiblity?

Per the CDC:
Q: What should I do if a patient waits longer than 6 months to get the second dose?

A: You should give the second dose as soon as possible. However, you do not need to restart the vaccine series.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shingles/hcp/shingrix/faqs.html

Just called CVS to inquire because I need a second dose. Got my first one in April. They said they are keeping a list of the people who got the first dose (since February) and are calling them in order as they receive supplies. I said that's the first I'd heard about that and that I'd not asked to be on a callback list and he said everyone is automatically added. I hope he's right, since nothing was mentioned about it at the time I got the 1st shot. I will keep checking back anyway just in case.

I hope the first dose is providing some protections at least...

They list some ingredients and say if you are allergic to them do not get the shot. I am very allergic to one of the ingredients.

Last edited:
Are there known cases of anaphylaxis related to taking Shingrix, confirming the possiblity?

Not that I have personally seen or have read literature about, but there has got to be at least one.....Probably the same people that are allergic to benadryl, steroids, or epi pens. :(

They list some ingredients and say if you are allergic to them do not get the shot. I am very allergic to one of the ingredients.

There you go...:(

DW and I got our second dose at Costco. They told us they were reserving stock for second doses.

The local Safeway had a list of people who want the shot and unexpectedly called me. Apparently, their the vaccine dribbles in now and then, and don't know for sure when they will get it.

So I got it yesterday. Today, I feel like the Hulk Jr. worked me over, some muscle soreness, but nothing that will keep me in the house all day.

FWIW, Medicare did not cover the vaccine. My Rx coverage would have covered some of it but I have not yet fulfilled my deductible. I have a very inexpensive plan.

Note: They did say that the manufacturer has promised there will be a huge batch of the vaccine available in the Fall. Just in time for my 2nd shot.

Last edited:
DW and I keep intending to get it but have not yet. However, I know we've seen several pharmacies in town advertising for it, so assume it's available.

DW and I keep intending to get it but have not yet. However, I know we've seen several pharmacies in town advertising for it, so assume it's available.

Every CVS Pharmacy I've called has an advert for the vaccine in its answering system. But when I get a live person in the pharmacy, they say they are out of it.

Not that I have personally seen or have read literature about, but there has got to be at least one.....Probably the same people that are allergic to benadryl, steroids, or epi pens.
Thanks for the red herring.

Get back to us when you have solid data. Till then, your post is nothing but a scare tactic for whatever purpose it serves you..

What a screwup!
What screw up? That they've offered help to some people even though they can't meet all demand? If that's what you're referring to, should they have not helped anyone?

So I got it yesterday. Today, I feel like the Hulk Jr. worked me over, some muscle soreness, but nothing that will keep me in the house all day.
That's a good description. I like it. :greetings10:

Thanks for the red herring.

Get back to us when you have solid data. Till then, your post is nothing but a scare tactic for whatever purpose it serves you..

Who be this us you speak of?

note: emphasis by redduck

Every CVS Pharmacy I've called has an advert for the vaccine in its answering system. But when I get a live person in the pharmacy, they say they are out of it.

Same thing here. Pretty humorous disconnect between the marketing folks and the folks doing the "real" work.

Finally got the feedback from insurance that they will pay 100%, but can't find a pharmacy locally that has it in stock now! We are on the waiting list, and we have had the Zostavax, so do have some coverage on board. Not too worried, more vaccine is expected.

Back
Top Bottom