Paying for Medicare Part B

wmc1000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Do those of you currently enrolled in Medicare but not Drawing SS pay your premiums through your banks online auto-pay or do you use a CC to earn the cashback/reward? Just got DW's first part B bill so I thought I would ask.

You need to check to see if Medicare will accept a credit card, that doesn't eat into your cash back (yes some government agencies pass the fee back to the consumer). I paid quarterly through my bill pay program, but set it so that it was NOT automatic. Again, check with your bank to see if bill pay is connected to Medicare's billing program.

Bill has area to pay by CC and there is no mention of any fee either on front or back of the bill

I started to set up payment through my bank but then cancelled it as it seemed to make more sense to pay by CC

Last edited:
DW writes a paper check every month. The SS folks are error prone and difficult to correct so would never get into any auto-pay scenario with them.

I usually use auto pay for bills, but the Medicare autopay only works with a checking account, so I pay with my credit card, manually. There is no extra fee. Free money.

Last edited:
It's too bad CMS Medicare doesn't have an electronic way to pay with a credit card.

So I guess I will fill it out and snail mail it in so I can earn the cash back. My CC accounts have no mechanism to make payments directly from them.

Back
Top Bottom