Plantar fasciitis socks

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
DW has pretty severe plantar fasciitis, and also has a hobby of walking half marathons. Not a great combination.

About six months ago, she found these socks:
Women's PF Relief Socks
(They have a men's version too, of course.)

They are totally unlike any other socks I've ever seen, and she says they do an amazing job of alleviating her pain. They are different for left and right foot (and clearly marked L and R).

In fact, she just recently bought a couple more pairs of them. Note: she says it's best to size up. She normally wears a Medium, but needs the Large size in these.

I have used PF inserts (Amazon/~$15) in my shoes/boots for years with great success.
Glad to hear of another solution - thanks for sharing.

I googled a code for them, they do free shipping with $50 but you can get $10 off (even one pair) with "10OFF", so that's a better deal.

Might try a pair with that but ooof those had better be good!

Thanks for sharing that info.

For me, I relieved my PF symptoms by performing some simple stretching exercises recommended by my doc every morning. Most days I have no pain.

_B

Got it bad right now after taking up basketball again at 60. Will give those socks a look.

OMG is this timely. After a serious bout of pneumonia, I am on the road to recovery. I was up to doing 1 1/2 miles with a combination of walking and running when I got the beginnings of PF. I was just about to post on this site, looking for any advice/suggestions. I will take a look at buying these socks. Thanks.

"Plantar fasciitis [-]socks[/-] sucks"

FIFY...as a sufferer, I know...

Will check it out the worthless custom orthotics didn't help at all . . .

I did think the fabric brace I got at doc helped a bit when I used it. Same principle I suppose.

Maybe I should say the custom orthotics helped make doc richer. . . they did not help ME.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that info.

For me, I relieved my PF symptoms by performing some simple stretching exercises recommended by my doc every morning. Most days I have no pain.

_B

I get PF as well as sciatica. Both are helped tremendously if I catch them early and stretch. Note that the stretching is very gentle but held for a bit longer duration. And the minute I feel one of these coming on, I have to get on it or it will get worse.

I get PF as well as sciatica. Both are helped tremendously if I catch them early and stretch. Note that the stretching is very gentle but held for a bit longer duration. And the minute I feel one of these coming on, I have to get on it or it will get worse.

+1. I could have written that post.

Here is a link to the ball system that I used on my feet when I had plantar fasciitis. It has cured it!!! If I do a lot of jump roping my foot may get a little irritated and I’ll do a session to stretch it out. The bottom of the bag has detailed instructions on which ball to use and the pattern to roll them. In the beginning it will take several sessions but it is worth it. Sometimes I would feel pain in my Achilles tendon and rolling with these balls as described in the instructions would fix it.

https://www.meltmethod.com/store/product/hand-and-foot-treatment-kit/

Good to know.
I had bad PF for nearly 9 months in my left foot. I tried a lot of things. I ended up doing 2 things that appear to have finally resolved the issue (along with time). One was to quit eating all sugar; there is a fascinating connection between sugar and PF. The second was to take up Spinning again after a hiatus, and to spin with the PF foot sharply heel-down in the pedal strap so as to really stretch the calf muscle for an extended time--45 minutes or so, 4 x week. I am quite sure these two things contributed to healing.

Thank you. I've suffered for years. Stretch, got new shoes recommended by a podiatrist, lost some weight and am exercising three times a week. Might try these!

I had PF for about 8 months and then it suddenly went away and has not re-occurred for the last year and a half. I wasn't aware that I did anything in particular to cure it.

I had PF for about 8 months and then it suddenly went away and has not re-occurred for the last year and a half. I wasn't aware that I did anything in particular to cure it.

Unfortunately, the odds you'll have another recurrence are strong. It comes and goes for me, but I've been in the "it's gone but it's not far away" range for the past year. If I'm barefoot, I quickly remember I'm never cured.

I wear vionic slippers around the house, vionic flip flops for every day outside, and inserts in sneakers. I consider this all preventative at this point.

Got the socks yesterday, these are serious, can really feel the push on my arch. I'll add them into my running gear.

I ordered the socks. They didn't help me. :(

I found this YouTube video. These simple exercises seems to be haviong a very positive impact on my PF. It makes total sense...our foot, leg, hip, &pelvis are all part of a connected system.

omni

Back
Top Bottom