Sarcoidosis and treatment?

MovingtotheCove

Recycles dryer sheets
Just wondering if anyone has any input on treatment options? I have had no issues when I am a low dose (5 mg. to 7.5 mg. / week) of Methotrexate. Lungs good and no cough and no more issues with joint pain or rash. Within about 4 to 5 weeks of being taken off Methotrexate a complete blow up of all symptoms other than lungs. Then back on Prednisone and then back on 15 mg. / week of Methotrexate trying to get it all back in control. Dr. thought so well controlled at 5 mg./week Methotrexate we should go off it. Just curious if anyone has any input or experience with this disease. Thank you. :)

Just wondering if anyone has any input on treatment options? I have had no issues when I am a low dose (5 mg. to 7.5 mg. / week) of Methotrexate. Lungs good and no cough and no more issues with joint pain or rash. Within about 4 to 5 weeks of being taken off Methotrexate a complete blow up of all symptoms other than lungs. Then back on Prednisone and then back on 15 mg. / week of Methotrexate trying to get it all back in control. Dr. thought so well controlled at 5 mg./week Methotrexate we should go off it. Just curious if anyone has any input or experience with this disease. Thank you. :)
Sorry, I don't. But I hope you have excellent luck with your treatment.

Ha

I am sorry, but I do not either. I had to look it up, to see what it is. I wish you the best of luck and hope someone who can help you, responds.

I am a retired physician, and I never saw a patient with sarcoidosis, because it wasn't in my line of work. The only person I knew who had it was the wife of a physician colleague. Sarcoidosis is not a common disorder, so it is unlikely that you will find anyone with useful expertise on it in an internet forum focusing on retirement. I suggest you (a) discuss it with your physician; (b) search for a support group and (c) consult your local university librarian, who can help you with a literature search. Wishing you the best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom