Swine flu: what NOT to do

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
kissPig.jpg

Hehe. Someone sent me that last week. Funny thing is, I can see my 3yo DD doing that!

I was talking to my daughter last night about kids, hand washing and the hand-washing song. She recalled her training as a hospital "Candy Striper" when she was a teen. They had the girls put their hands on a jell, then sent them to the lavatory to wash their hands. Then they put their hands under a light so that they could see what they missed. They were stunned.

When her kids start school she wants to have the entire class do this 'experiment'. Maybe this would be a fun exercise for everyone.

Just think, that kid probably will have the strongest immune system ever! The pig, too!

I've been staying away from the cat shelter since the flu 'panic' erupted (a mental virus spreading in advance of a physical virus :)), and feeling a little guilty/paranoid for doing so. Cat's aren't carriers (as far as we know), but it seems that with all of the humans shuffling in and out of there and less than ideal sanitation, the shelter would be a higher-risk venue to catch something nasty. We just had a couple of flu cases pop up in Sarasota, so it seems that the rate of infection is either constant or increasing, rather than decreasing. If we can get on the downside of this thing, then I'll head back to the kitties. :cool:

Yah, yah, yah. I had the flu last week, I guess. Don't know if it was swine.
Fever, aches, sniffles, cough. Still have the cough. I drank a lot of beer; I think that helped. Sucks to be sick, though!

I do some handwashing, but I don't come in contact with the GenPub too often, unless it is at the grocery store. My husband is a hand sanitizer junkie. He goes into lots of different offices every day, though.

BTW, we need to stop blaming the pigs; it's not their fault. Pigs have now even caught it from humans! It's H1N1, or "hynie". :LOL:

Ahem, this is old news. We have been dealing with this since March. We are ready for the second wave this fall.
Oops! :blush:
The link was in today's headlines, so I assumed it was current.
You know what they say about ASSUME...at least the author of the article was respectable. ;)

The pandemic was declared on June 11 (see the article again)

Back
Top Bottom