Vaccines this Fall

We will get the flu shot this fall and will pass on the rest; I think anyway.

Used to get the flu shot but won't get that anymore. Will never get any of the other shots.

I haven't gotten a flu shot in years, but I do plan to get the updated Covid vaccination. Also decided to get the Shingles vaccination this year, probably soon. I can't remember how long I have to wait for the booster on that.

I have never gotten the flu vaccine and after 3 doses I am done with covid also.

I get the flu vaccine every year and the shingles vaccine last year . No others.

I’ll be getting whatever vaccines are recommended this Fall which look like being Flu, RSV and Covid.

I'll have to think about RSV. Someone up thread said it was bad.

I'll tell you this; 5 years ago a lady at church, early 70s, got it from her grand kids. She was hospitalized. It looked bad, she rallied, hopes were up, then she declined quickly and died. RSV is nothing to mess with.

I'm still pretty young so I'll probably give the vax a few years of usage first before I get the jab. The lady who passed had some health issues. The vax is a good idea for anyone older with existing complications.

Last edited:
I’ll be getting whatever vaccines are recommended this Fall which look like being Flu, RSV and Covid.

Same here.
I have good records, mostly thanks to the military, so I know of over 100 immunizations I've received in my adult life, with a good bunch more in my youth. Never been hurt by any of them, and probably helped by many.

I'm immunocompromised, so even the flu is very serious for me. I've gotten the flu vaccine every year, but due to my compromised status I have gotten the flu a couple of times, anyway. Similarly, it's a no-brainer for me to get every COVID vaccine according to the guidelines. In October, I will get both. FWIW my doctor told me that they recommend getting both at one time, so that is what I will do.

Last edited:
Definitely flu but don't plan to get the COVID shot.

Looking to the future, Moderna is working on a single shot combination for all three vaccines. According to Pharmacy Times, they won't start clinical trials until year end. Also, Pfizer and Moderna were both already working on a Covid, Flu combination shot. All I know is back in November of last year Pfizer started a phase 1 trial.

I will definitely get vaccines for Covid and Flu, and probably RSV too.

Last edited:
We will be doing the same. Maybe wait a little to hear more about RSV.
I have no intention of passing any of the diseases that could be controlled to my wife or best friend who is seriously immunocompromised. They are free and easy to obtain so I don't see a reason to pass them up. It's just a little needle stick that I rarely even feel. I still wear a mask too. I just keep a pack in the car so they are readily available and not an inconvenience.

Cheers!

We will be doing the same. Maybe wait a little to hear more about RSV.
I have no intention of passing any of the diseases that could be controlled to my wife or best friend who is seriously immunocompromised. They are free and easy to obtain so I don't see a reason to pass them up. It's just a little needle stick that I rarely even feel. I still wear a mask too. I just keep a pack in the car so they are readily available and not an inconvenience.

Cheers!

Good point. I often see my sister who only lives a mile away and she is also seriously immunosuppressed and the very last thing I would want to do is pass on something, particularly a lung disease. In early March 2020 she was taken into hospital with suspected Covid but was in fact diagnosed with pleurisy. I had my pneumonia vaccine at age 65 for similar reasons.

Flu - Yes
COVID - No
RSV - Was undecided, but after listening to the follow U-tube video, DW and I will probably wait another few years for RSV vaccine.

Thanks for posting that video, Mark1. I learned that there are 2 RSV vaccines available, one made by Pfizer, the other by GSK. The Pfizer vaccine does not contain an adjuvant, however the GSK vaccine does. In fact, it contains the same adjuvant that GSK uses in the Shingrix vaccine. Since I had a very severe reaction to my one Shingrix shot which was very likely a reaction to the adjuvant, I will avoid the GSK vaccine for RSV, just as my doctor (and common sense) told me not to get the 2nd Shingrix shot.

I always get an annual flu shot, and I will get the updated Covid vaccine as soon as it is available.

It will depend on what my physician recommends/advises.

At the very least it will be a flu shot.

No idea what else will be on the menu de jour.

Flu probably. Covid, nope. [MODERATOR EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the flu shot each year, and will get any Covid booster once available.

I also recently got my first Shingrix jab - that really surprised me, I was worn out for a few days. So round two of that will be done by EOY.
Small taste of what shingles is like.

Flu - Yes
COVID - No
RSV - Was undecided, but after listening to the follow U-tube video, DW and I will probably wait another few years for RSV vaccine.

Good video which recommends the vaccine for eligible folks but if you don't want to take it that's fine

Pharmacist told us last week that they are supposed to be coming out later this Fall with an annual covid shot that includes the new variants. She suggested we wait.

I will most likely get the adult RSV shot that should be coming out soon. RSV knocked me down good - much worse than when I had Covid.

Since I'm now 65, I'll probably get the pneumonia vaccine. I get the flu shot every Fall during my annual check up.

Glad Medicare is paying for all of these.

Our PCP/PCM gave the same advice regarding our next COVID booster (i.e. if the next booster addressed newer variant then get it) when I asked her about it to prepare for our upcoming African safari trip in October. We also plan on getting our annual flu shot...and of course the required Yellow Fever shots for the trip.

Regarding RSV, this is the first time I've read about an RSV vaccine. We're in our mid to late 50s so not sure if we need RSV...at least our PCP didn't recommend we get it..at least not yet.

Back
Top Bottom