Ten things Social Security won't tell you

explanade

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
10 things Social Security won

Article covers ground that a lot of ER members probably know already.

Odd that it says SS is going to run out of money but then advises you to wait until 70 to get a bigger payout.

Social Security can be fixed; it is a math problem. You just need the political will to bring all sides to the table. If politicians start losing elections over funding, they will find a way to cut a deal. Medicare, to me, seems a more intractable problem.

"Plus, he says, some states are tightening eligibility for workers’ compensation and encouraging people to move onto the Social Security disability program, which is federally funded, to lower state costs for Medicaid and welfare programs."

Interesting. Perhaps some states budget problems play a part in the increase of SSDI claims.

Last edited:
Social Security can be fixed; it is a math problem. You just need the political will to bring all sides to the table. If politicians start losing elections over funding, they will find a way to cut a deal. Medicare, to me, seems a more intractable problem.

Fixing Medicare is also a math problem. It will require even more political will to bring all sides to the table.

Back
Top Bottom