What's in your coffee?

Half & half and brown sugar.

Heavy whipping cream.
Saturated fat is a wonderful thing, and very low in carbs.

Yes, I know that's not the accepted position. :cool:
+1

I consume a far amount of heavy cream - some in coffee, and it's the secret ingredient of my daily omelets. Doctor says my numbers are fine...

In the morning I've gotten used to strong black coffee. It took a while, but that's the way DW likes it and now I do too.

Of course, I often drink a cup of coffee midday. Then I add a nice dollop of heavy cream. This suppresses my appetite until dinner time.

Half & half with a sprinkle of cinnamon into the filter before grinding the beans (Cuisinart grind & brew). Sometimes a little shake of salt if the beans are bitter.

Black with 5 drops of Stevia (seems to be the magic number). Sometimes I also add a pat of butter and some coconut oil to make Keto coffee. Delish!!

Preference is about 1oz Irish cream in a whole milk latte. 1 cup coffee per day. If I need more caffeine I’ll drink tea.

I’d have to drink way too much coffee to worry about the calories of creamer/sweetener. Try skipping meat for lunch dinner - that would be easier for me and probably go a lot further.

Be careful with the artificial sweeteners - hydrogenate oils

Irish whiskey on occasion.

In the morning the first cup is a pour over with nothing but ground beans and water. The second cup is either a latte or cortado made with whole milk, or sometimes just straight espresso. When I was w*rking I’d drink way way too much coffee, but upon ER the urge for more than a couple of morning hits simply went away.

I’ve used half & half for a while but recently switched to light cream. I was surprised to learn how few stores carry it in my area. I don’t think it’s particularly healthy but I always liked the “restaurant taste”.

For sweetener, I use stevia.

That’s my approximation to “coffee regulah” (lived in Boston for a while).

I was introduced to coffee regulah in Boston sometime early morning on a disaster recovery. We said "sure" to regulah when asked, thinking that's black. I mean why would anyone call anything other than black coffee regulah? We'd been up almost 24 hours and were looking to another 12 before anyone took a break. Imagine the look on my face when I took a big drink of sugary, creamy at 3 AM.

Last edited:
I was introduced to coffee regulah in Boston sometime early morning when in a disaster recovery. We said sure to regulah when asked, thinking that's black. I mean why would anyone call anything other than black coffee regulah? We'd been up almost 24 hours and were looking to another 12 before anyone took a break. Imagine the look on my face when I took a big drink of sugary, creamy at 3 AM.

:)

I miss the Boston style. It’s another reason to listen to old “Car Talk” shows. Another thing I had no idea about was “tawnic” (tonic). Where’s the gin??!

2% when we make lattes in our machine. Strong and black for American brewed coffee.

Came out of college drinking it with cream and sugar. Found myself on an aircraft carrier where there was only the powdered crap available in the "coffee messes" in the work spaces. Gagged on enough of that that I stopped using it. Eventually weaned myself off of sugar as well.

You have never had really lousy coffee until you drink a cup out of a vending machine in a crusty old manufacturing plant @ $0.10/cup. You could take rust off metal with that crap.

I had 12 year's worth of it when in manufacturing at an old metals working plant. Maybe that's why even Folgers instant tastes OK to me? :D

I make a twice-daily latte with 1% milk, but I heat and froth it up to 3x its size before adding to my coffee. Sometimes I use a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk which gives it a little different flavor.

4oz of 2% or skim milk through the frother on a double espresso about 2 time daily. My Cholesterol was 188, my wife's 166 and BMI under 23.5 for both of us last week after our annual physical. So we can keep drinking coffee with milk and avoid the statin police.

You have never had really lousy coffee until you drink a cup out of a vending machine in a crusty old manufacturing plant @ $0.10/cup. You could take rust off metal with that crap.

I had 12 year's worth of it when in manufacturing at an old metals working plant. Maybe that's why even Folgers instant tastes OK to me? :D
+1

I had that garbage for six years in a sawmill. Take what you describe and add a tablespoon of sawdust.

We had a roach wagon for lunch if you were unfortunate or stupid. I tried to give something off it to the sawmill dog and he ran away from me.

Black.

Cup of cream, half-cup of sugar, five tablespoons of coffee.

A touch of 2% milk. No sugar.

Switched to black when I tried a whole food diet for a month (no sugar, dairy, wheat). Didn’t like it at first but but after a month got used to it and never went back. It’s terribly convenient not needing any coffee accessories.

Sometimes I do splurge with some real cream when eating out and that is truly a delight...

Back
Top Bottom