• 81 to 90

Votes: 45 40.2%
  • 91 to 100

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • >100

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know whether having cancer (and being cured) changes your life expectancy? Looking @ my cancer only showed percent living 5 years. I'm wondering if having gone through chemo shortens my life? The 95 the calculator has given me seems optimistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I find myself in the same quandary. I had cancer almost 30 years ago and endured some nasty chemo and years of follow-up CT scans and xrays. Hard to quantify that stuff and come to any sort of reliable survival estimate. But, to be honest, I already exceeded my life expectancy about 30 years ago. Anything additional is pure gravy!
chuck

It said 92 for me. No way... I'll probably make it into my early 80's. Maybe...

I got 90, even if I say "working, with higher income" or "retired, with half that income".

Being recently diagnosed with Diabetes took 7 years off my life expectancy. Ouch.

Being recently diagnosed with Diabetes took 7 years off my life expectancy. Ouch.

Scrabbler: I think you were a statistician or actuary of some sort, if I remember correctly. Maybe not. Anyway, now that you know of your diabetes, you can take steps to assure yourself of a normal or above normal life expectancy: mind your diet, etc., and listen to your doctors. I've relatives in my maternal line who lived long lives and were diabetic. Best wishes to you.

Great news! 81 with a 75% chance I'll make it to 74.

Since I was planning on 85 before, I can blow dough even faster than I thought - :)

Gotta love this forum. Only place where dieing = winning.
I got similar numbers...time to up the withdrawals!

The thing is that there is a stepping down as you achieve your bucket list items. So when you get into your 80s, you travel less.

Relatives on my Dad's side died young, except for Dad (87 - car accident). Mom and her relatives tend to reach late 80's, 90's, but sadly, the last years are always demented ones. That, to me, is not living. Dementia is merely a prolonged, horrible death and I would far rather live fewer years.

Back
Top Bottom