Anyone Else Own Kraft ?

ownyourfuture

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have 388 shares & was shocked :dance: when I saw it up over 20$ the day of the buyout by Heinz, Buffett & 3G was announced.

I never dreamed they would be bought.

I've decided to 'let it ride' even though many people say it's overpriced now.

How about you ?

Last edited:
I own it. 250 shares and was happy to see it bought by Heinz. I've owned it for several years and am not selling as it is part of my "consumer staples" bucket.

I think all the upside in the stock has been realized. No one else is coming along and trying to bid it up. I was happy with the jump and since mine was all LTCG cashed out and moved on.

I was wondering what would happen to the dividend. I have 100 shares which based on my buy price is earning me 4.3% dividend, for a consumer product thats a decent return, so I would be ok if they didn't grow significantly if the dividend stayed. Any thoughts?

I have KRFT as well although not as much as the rest of you. This caught my eye when I heard of the news:

Heinz and 3G initially said it would make $10 billion equity investment in Heinz and give Kraft shareholders a special dividend of $12.50 per share and a 47% stake in the combined company. Two offers later, Heinz and 3G kept the $10 equity investment the same but upped the special dividend to $16.50 per share and ultimately gave Kraft shareholders a 49% stake in the combined company.

I own KRFT. I sold about 1/3 of my position to lock in some of the recent gain, and kept the rest.

I was wondering what would happen to the dividend. I have 100 shares which based on my buy price is earning me 4.3% dividend, for a consumer product thats a decent return, so I would be ok if they didn't grow significantly if the dividend stayed. Any thoughts?

Pretty sure the Kraft dividend stays

Given the market being down this week, it sure was nice to get that hefty dividend today.

Kraft is a key part of my ER plan. I have 4 boxes of Mac & Cheez on the shelf now. It becomes a diet staple if portfolio returns are low in the future. Worst case after 5 down years--we switch to Kroger brand.

Hey, yay for you guys that own Kraft. Never owned it but I love when our stocks hit a home run. Go Stock Market Go!!
God, Samclem, don't eat that boxed stuff. I'll send you real mac and cheese.

Hey, yay for you guys that own Kraft. Never owned it but I love when our stocks hit a home run. Go Stock Market Go!!
God, Samclem, don't eat that boxed stuff. I'll send you real mac and cheese.

Thanks!
For the time being at least, I'm very happy I held.
The day before the buyout was announced, my 388 shares were worth approximatly $24,000.00
@ the close today (adding the $16.50 dividend, which I took in cash) it's $35,363.00

:dance:

I was looking at my accounts today and one of my IRA's balance jumped about $17,000. It took a few minutes to remember that it was merger Kraft Heinz day.

. I only bought the stock in Feb 2013 for its reliable and growing dividend. I certainly didn't expect to see 150% gain in just over 2 years. Thanks Warren and company

Last edited:
Sunset I didn't see any fee on mine at least not line itemed. Wonder if where you held it treated it like a stock trade..if so mine would only cost $3 so I may not have noticed in the noise.

I had a few shares, and I checked and got the $16.50 dividend /share, so that is great !

I was also charged $20 for reorganization fee, were other folks charged this fee ?

I'm with ameritrade and got charged $38 fee and I have just a few shares! Like the one time $16.50 div however!!

I'm with Scottrade and I phoned them to ask, they said its standard $20 on company reorg, and $25 on voluntary company reorg.

First time I've ever seen it, but it is not a share purchase charge as that would have been $7.99 each way.

ZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I had a few shares, and I checked and got the $16.50 dividend /share, so that is great !

I was also charged $20 for reorganization fee, were other folks charged this fee ?

I hold my shares @ Fidelity & wasn't charged any fee.

Reorgs cost more because the shares need to be sent back to the Transfer Agent and the new shares/money needs to be sent back.

A reorg fee really. What do they have a team of guys that cross out the name on the stock certificates and write Kraft Heinz now. Geez doesn't a computer do this automatically.

No fee from Schwab, in fact I don't think I've ever seen one in the numerous mergers and acquisitions that I've experience in the 30+ years of having an account with them.

Actually, Depository Trust Company (Cede & Co.) owns all street name stock does all the work for the Reorg.

Back
Top Bottom