Anyone Know anything about a stock named TUX?

potto0213

Dryer sheet aficionado
My boss just told me his broker recommended a stock named TUX to him. He said the broker said the stock company guarantees at least a 14% return after 1 year. He also said that you can sell the stock for what you paid for it anytime in the first year if you don't like the way the stock is going. Apparently this stock has a blank check to reinvest in anything it wants so it doesn't have a set sector. This sounds very fishy to me but my boss invested a fair amount in it strictly on the broker's recommendation. When I looked up the stock on the internet my boss told me "Now you know more about it than I do!!!" But I'm not savy enough to really figure anything out based on what I found out.

Apparently there's another stock called URK that is very similar that the broker was also pushing.

Anybody out there know what this is all about?

I never buy anything based on advice of a friend of a friend... or anyone that's "got a guy".

And, I'd be worried about buying anything based on the recommendation of your boss if you know more about his holding, after 10 minutes on the Internet, than him.

I agree. I wouldn't touch that stock with a 100 ft. pole. And I don't think I could change my boss's mind no matter what. He's an alpha type that "knows everything". An extreme risk taker. I think he see the current market as a challenge to show everyone (including me) that he's smarter than everyone else.

But mostly I'm curious if anyone knows the real story behind this stock. There's got to be a catch!

For brand new companies like TUX, I think it is better to trust what the company files with the SEC rather than what a broker says.. (Since the penalties for lying include an possible intimate relationship with Bubba)

Here is the SEC link

Back
Top Bottom