I bought LGCY today at 1.50

Jmo1969

Recycles dryer sheets
Not too much just in case it goes to zero yet if will does rebound by 2018 2019 stock should go back to Ten or higher and pay a dividend of a dollar a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Not too much just in case it goes to zero yet if will does rebound by 2018 2019 stock should go back to Ten or higher and pay a dividend of a dollar a year.

Too bad you didn't buy it yesterday .
That would've been a hell of a one day gain

Good luck

So if you don't mind sharing, what is "not too much"

I'm always curious what folks feel ok to risk/gamble on a chance stock. My limit seems to be about $250

I also bought lgcy the other day, the preferred stock, 1000 shr at $5.05. Bought the preferred due to the current yield on cost of aprox 40% at the time paying 16.7¢ a shr monthly.

Also bought VNR, common, 1500 shr at $2.95 around the same time

To answer your question for the upstream MLP's I've been buying lately I've targeted around 5k a purchase. For the midstreams its varied from 10k to 30k depending upon what I perceive to be its business model and safety. EPD was closer to 25k, SE about 20k and OKE was around 10. PAA and NGLS-PA are on my shopping list but they rose a little higher then I was wanting to pay the other day so I will wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks

Very few of my holdings make up more then 5% of my stock portfolio and the risky ones are around 1%.

By the way, I'm new to the board. Found the site while researching what I need to do for health insurance which starting in 2017 I'll need to pay for on my own. My former employer will cover me until then.

Anyway good luck to us all on our investing

Not too much = <1% of investable assets.

Wish I had more conviction.

For me it is around $20,000 for the long shot stuff. That is the amount I have in some mining company bonds that are paying 62.5%. I feel like I should carry around a baseball bat each May and November when it is time for them to pay up.

Bought 3 times as much today...

Feeling better!!!

Woot...woot.

What are those bonds ? ticker symbol ?

For me it is around $20,000 for the long shot stuff. That is the amount I have in some mining company bonds that are paying 62.5%. I feel like I should carry around a baseball bat each May and November when it is time for them to pay up.

Lgcy is a stock. Lgcyo is one of their preferred stocks. They have debt as well. Not sure of the cusip/s.

What are those bonds ? ticker symbol ?

Are you familiar with CUSIP? The bonds are 884768AE2

They are a lot higher now than when I posted. I actually have quite the capital gain except it is in an IRA so doesn't matter.

They are trading at about 35% to 40% of par now instead of 18% to 22% where I was jumping all over them. Still a great yield since they are 12.5% bonds (so paying 31% even at 40% of par). Risky though. Might get called before 2019, but I am already in the black on them due to the high interest payments.

Lgcy is a stock. Lgcyo is one of their preferred stocks. They have debt as well. Not sure of the cusip/s.

Does not look to be a good investment in the preff...

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 -- Legacy Reserves LP today announced that the Board of Directors of its general partner has approved the suspension of distributions to unitholders and distributions to both the 8% Series A and Series B Fixed-to-Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Units. The Board also approved a 2016 capital budget of $37 million.[/FONT]

Congrats, you made a killing today. $3.65 ? wow

I sold 10% of my position. I hope to sell 20% of my remaining in the low 4's. Then, as they say, I get to play with their money.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. And I realize that.

Got scared and locked in a little profit today. I took down my position by 30%.

.. always two options:

• Too early
  • Too late

I tend to buy too early, and sell too early.

Back
Top Bottom