Is this rally for real?

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed his analysis of oil and how one should have a significant position in oil as a hedge. I feel exactly as he described when going to the pumps and having to pay a higher price. It's not so bad as my oil stocks are doing well. ;)

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed his analysis of oil and how one should have a significant position in oil as a hedge. I feel exactly as he described when going to the pumps and having to pay a higher price. It's not so bad as my oil stocks are doing well. ;)
Whether it makes financial sense or not, this is to me a good psychological reason to have some investments that are highly correlated to the price of oil and gasoline. Somehow the rise from $2 to $3 per gallon doesn't feel as hard to take when you have some investments that are up considerably because of it. And if the value of those investments dropped, you have the silver lining of less pain at the pump.

Of course, this works best if you're a "glass half full" type and not a "glass half empty" type. :)

Whether it makes financial sense or not, this is to me a good psychological reason to have some investments that are highly correlated to the price of oil and gasoline. Somehow the rise from $2 to $3 per gallon doesn't feel as hard to take when you have some investments that are up considerably because of it. And if the value of those investments dropped, you have the silver lining of less pain at the pump.

Of course, this works best if you're a "glass half full" type and not a "glass half empty" type. :)
Precisely why I bought USL in Feb of 2009. Wish now I'd bought more...:)

Whether it makes financial sense or not, this is to me a good psychological reason to have some investments that are highly correlated to the price of oil and gasoline.
I feel obligated to point out that another approach to the problem, both psychological and financial, would be to try to use less oil & gasoline...

Wasn't Ziggy the one who broke the last oil/gas price bubble for us? :D

Audrey

Yeah, but I didn't mean to take the whole economy down with it..... :blush:
Yeah - but that didn't bring down the economy. The housing bubble/CDOs did. You didn't buy a house at the time or buy some CDOs at the time did you?

Then we could really blame you!

Audrey

I like them oil stocks, especially MLPs. 5% of my money is riding on three of them right now. I move around from company to company, but all are yielding close to 10%and that's a very nice income stream.

Back
Top Bottom