McDonald's?

Last year in Vienna, we wanted a quick meal so we could go see the summer palace.
We went to McD's. The kiosks saved our butt, as we could select our language and order.

Upstairs they had a super fancy separate coffee and cake counter, so we had some after eating our burgs.

The place was packed with locals, so that became the joke:
We ate where the locals eat, at McD !

I know people who get totally thrilled when McRibs are rolled out from time to time. I wasn’t sure why so I had to try one and it didn’t do it for me.

It will be interesting if they make a move to plant-based offerings. They seem to have opened well at competitors like Burger King but I think it’s too early to tell if that will stick.

I’m really, really curious to try a plant-based version of a long-time favorite: White Castle!

OMG!! White Casket!! The drunker you are, the better they taste! Haven't had one in years, but doubt if I had one sober. In the south, we have Ktrystal (meth) burgers. I had them while sober - - - once.

OMG!! White Casket!! The drunker you are, the better they taste! Haven't had one in years, but doubt if I had one sober. In the south, we have Ktrystal (meth) burgers. I had them while sober - - - once.

You bet! My last taste was at a real castle on Clark in Chicago. I think one of my fellow patrons was sporting electric boots and a mohair suit.

Ahh, White Castle. I'd go out of my way for one. I think there are still some around, just nowhere near me. 8 or 10 of those little burgers is an almost perfect meal! The ones they sell in the freezer section at the supermarket just don't compare to the original. And I only go for the hamburgers. The cheeseburger version is awful. But that's true anywhere they use "American" so-called cheese.

Ahh, White Castle. I'd go out of my way for one. I think there are still some around, just nowhere near me. 8 or 10 of those little burgers is an almost perfect meal! The ones they sell in the freezer section at the supermarket just don't compare to the original. And I only go for the hamburgers. The cheeseburger version is awful. But that's true anywhere they use "American" so-called cheese.

Right on all counts. They’re like some weird extra-terrestrial food best consumed at the source.

But one reason why an Impossible Slider may work is because the patty is so tiny!

Per yahoo finance MCD has a new CEO. Old one apparently stepped down related to a consensual relationship with an employee per the same source. Apparently not allowed by company policy. I always wonder when a stock drops about 11% from the high and earnings are not met, if the private life of the CEO distracted him from business at hand. Or if that was used as an excuse to hasten the leaving of a CEO who faltered in obtaining ever greater profits.

Per yahoo finance MCD has a new CEO. Old one apparently stepped down related to a consensual relationship with an employee per the same source. Apparently not allowed by company policy. I always wonder when a stock drops about 11% from the high and earnings are not met, if the private life of the CEO distracted him from business at hand. Or if that was used as an excuse to hasten the leaving of a CEO who faltered in obtaining ever greater profits.

Why not both? [emoji23]

White Castle, only rivaled by Jack n the Box tacos, for late night belly bombs...

Have a somewhat funny (at least to me) account of a fast food (BK) restaurant near where I used to live. As sometimes happens, the entire staff was of one culture that happened to speak Spanish totally in the back and had the bilinguals manning the registers. Everyone there was quite short maybe 5'2 - 5'4. They had up holiday banners for various offers above where you waited in line to order. Every six foot person had to weave between them or duck quite a bit.

No, I'm not hungry. What are you thoughts on McDonald's as an investment? Potentially a good global recession proof stock.

Our friend owns 2 McD franchises in a HCOL city and says that they’ve been solid investments

Unfortunately we’ve never been lucky enough to land one ourselves

I bought MCD in 2011 for my nieces and nephews to teach them about stocks and dividends. I picked a stock that was growing dividends and they could relate to.

I was worried about it for awhile a few years ago and then someone pointed out how much real estate they purchased during the recession. They own like 50% of the land and 70% of the buildings making them a massive real estate company which I still think is undervalued.

We only eat at McDonalds on road trips, the bathrooms are nice 95% of the time and I know what I'm getting and with food allergies, those things matter. I thought the revamped locations are really nice and if they need to cut back they could always cut back the menu again simplifying production and costs.

There are a lot of locations that do any size soda for $1 and my friends go to McDonalds almost every day for that (as their coke is the 'best ever') and then of course they at least 1/2 the time buy something else... its a great gimmick

Back
Top Bottom