Time to get Big Boy pants Market problems

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ok what if England goes through with Brexit , it looks like a done deal and what is being negotiated is not good for anyone .

Italy is sadly flat broke and looking into leaving the EU along with others . Could the EU fall apart ?

If so the U S dollar will become too strong and we could see real market problems .
Your Opinion .

I don't see any way to "fix" Brexit. The country is split almost down the middle, and any resolution appears to be far, far away. They can't put off some kind of a decision by waiting much longer.

Getting down into the roots of the problem, is a maze. With the European market down today over 4%, the future for overseas markets looks bleak indeed.

Add in OPEC, and China's Huawei upset, and there's reason for concern.

Stay tuned...

Just me thinking , if the EU crumbles apart this could affect everyone badly . Our U S dollar would become really strong ( cheaper European stuff ) but there could be lots of banks going in the bad . Our selling to Europe would go away.

My philosophy is that the market will do what it will do, and was more than ready to drop after such an amazingly long and strong bull market for the past ~ten years. Amazingly it never got around to dropping until recently. Nobody knew why (although they may now claim such knowledge in retrospect).

Meanwhile financial gurus and journalists will interpret market movements in whatever way reflects positively on their own political convictions, as they always have.

Personally I think this is pretty low. If any of them actually KNEW what influences the market, they would be off on their own private island enjoying phenomenal wealth, instead of writing columns or hosting television shows. They would keep their mouths shut about what they know since it would be enriching them so much.

one headline says that the markets are down today because of the low jobs number. 155000 I think. But isn't unemployment at an all-time low? 3.7%

It's obvious to me that these financial journalist don't have a clue.

My philosophy is that the market will do what it will do, ...

Yep, I guess I'd say my philosophy is that is more fact than philosophy!

A friend has been doing some market timing and stock picking lately. :facepalm: From what I've seen, he's making Boho look like a genius! :eek:

-ERD50

To me the problems could be in banking again . If the EU starts fracturing this could kill business . Europeons do buy our products . Some of our pensions are invested in banking and lots of our banks are invested in Europe . I think this could be a very bad problem for the world economy . Theresa Mae is fighting for her life , Angela Merkle is pretty much gone and France is going broke . Italy is petitioning to leave the Union .
This could cause long term problems .

When I was in college 100 years ago they told us when a country could not pay it's debt , the people owed the debt would take the control of the country . If not...………………………...war

Last edited:
I have been watching the Brexit stuff. May's deal is DOA, no one likes it. No one wants a no deal. I think they may punt it back to the people for a second referendum and ask for an extension of time.

To me the problems could be in banking again . If the EU starts fracturing this could kill business . Europeons do buy our products . Some of our pensions are invested in banking and lots of our banks are invested in Europe . I think this could be a very bad problem for the world economy . Theresa Mae is fighting for her life , Angela Merkle is pretty much gone and France is going broke . Italy is petitioning to leave the Union .
This could cause long term problems .

When I was in college 100 years ago they told us when a country could not pay it's debt , the people owed the debt would take the control of the country . If not...………………………...war

Brexit is not the same thing as the EU fracturing.

The UK has problems with Brexit.

Italy has problems with the Euro and spending.

France is aflame with people upset over higher and higher taxes.

The US and China are on the brink of an all-out trade war.

Sounds like a buying opportunity may be forming.

Last edited:
Total return of 4.35% YTD, 5.56% for LTM and 11.78% for L3Y... what is everyone so concerned about?

If someone had told you 12 months ago that stocks would have a mediocre year and only return 5.56% in the next 12 months would you have bailed? And if so, what would you have put your money in that would have done better?

Looking at any periods less than 3 years is silly (and I'm not saying that the 11.78% of the last 3 years is representative of what we should expect for the next 3 years).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    47.1 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom