Tma

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When TMA hit $1.00 the other day, I decided to buy some for my very aggressive clients.

I got out at $2.00, because I still don't know what's going to happen......

I see it's up today again, but the storm is not over. It was one of those gut feelings on a potential bounce.

The other guys in my office own it at $20, so I feel a little better..........:D

It certainly isn't a long-term holding for me........:rolleyes:

Well the dividend yield is still over 40%... Me thinks that you won't collect many of those dividend payments. But then I got a dividend check from Countrywide so who knows

When TMA hit $1.00 the other day, I decided to buy some for my very aggressive clients.

I got out at $2.00, because I still don't know what's going to happen......
That is why I am not too fond of these kinds of specs. You go in thinking "Wow, this is really cheap! You get a quick double, and then you decide, "Hey, this is pretty good I really can't know what is happening here, I'll sell."

So what have you done- you have taken a double or nothing bet- on something that you really know nothing about. Who knows what the true expectation of this bet is?

This is not to criticize you- I have done the same thing more often than I want to go into. But overall, I think it isn't a good bet.

Ha

I have to give them credit...anything with "mortgage" in its name and still has a pulse is some accomplishment...

That is why I am not too fond of these kinds of specs. You go in thinking "Wow, this is really cheap! You get a quick double, and then you decide, "Hey, this is pretty good I really can't know what is happening here, I'll sell."

I think I mentioned it was done for a few very aggressive clients. Besides, I watch about 100 stocks everyday for my portfolios, and have been monitoring Thornburg for over a year.

So what have you done- you have taken a double or nothing bet- on something that you really know nothing about. Who knows what the true expectation of this bet is?

This is not to criticize you- I have done the same thing more often than I want to go into. But overall, I think it isn't a good bet.Ha

I'm out of all my positions, it purely was a momentum play, and I could have been dead wrong, I have been before.

How are you sleeping these days??

just fine

pretty much everything is in cash except for some play money to short the market. got a little emotional this week but i didn't sell my shorts because i still think the market is going down. looking at the charts a few days ago made me think so. same thing happened before the january lows

Nothing wrong with trying to pick up a little bit of oversold stock for aggressive clients.
I made quite a bit of money on AMR around $2 and HLS (then HLSH)at 30 cents.
TMA does nothing for me, but BSC looks pretty interesting here....again, in small doses and for the right people. JMO.

Nothing wrong with trying to pick up a little bit of oversold stock for aggressive clients.
I made quite a bit of money on AMR around $2 and HLS (then HLSH)at 30 cents.
TMA does nothing for me, but BSC looks pretty interesting here....again, in small doses and for the right people. JMO.

I guess I deserve to get chastised from the crowd on here because I didn't stay in TMA long enough to lose money...........;)

I just have this weird feeling that TMA is worth throwing a couple thousand at right now. Currently .79

I just have this weird feeling that TMA is worth throwing a couple thousand at right now. Currently .79

i used to know someone who used to make fun of people every time he thought they were wasting money.

he would offer to kick your ass for half the amount and call it even

where is the value in TMA? they are nothing more than a middle man

The value in TMA is that all the bad news is already out there. So anything positive in any way should cause at least a short term spike. I've seen stranger things.

how do you know all the bad news is out there? they could always go belly up

Are you looking for guarantees? The stock's not going belly up over night. So, your upside is a whole lot higher than your downside. Set a stop loss on it if it makes you feel better. I did mention throwing only a couple thousand at it. If you can't afford to lose this, then you are better off staying away. Don't buy a penny stock with the idea of getting rich.

Well that didn't work out as hoped.

The ass-kicking for half as much would have been a nominally better deal, depending on the severity of said kicking.

Uhhh, TMA may work out after all. go figure.

just an opinion

There are so many great deals on solid US companies in todays market (and I suspect the deals will continue to get better over the next 6-18mo) but TMA is not one of these deals. This company has been beaten to death due to their bad earnings. The stock is not undervalued, if anything it still has a lot of room to fall. $0.30.... $0.20... :eek: Don't try to catch this falling knife, you're just going to get cut.

TMA - Thornburg Mortgage, Inc. - Google Finance
TMA @ $0.44/sh
EPS -33.48
F P/E 10.85

Back
Top Bottom